GoPro Episode #1: Prespawn Bassin'

This is the first GoPro episode I ever made. I made it so I could learn basic things like cutting raw footage,fading between clips, titles, overlay text. I would love to get feedback from the community. I know the audio sucks, I have the waterproof housing and I need to invest in the standard housing. I hope you enjoy the video. I enjoyed making it.

Please feel free to subscribe and share. Thank you very much!

2. Member
    Thanks for posting this! I enjoyed watching the vid, looks like you had a solid day of catching, and most importantly, had fun with it.

As you already pointed out, the audio is tough. I'd recommend skipping the audio altogether (leave your gopro in the waterproof case), and record your voice with your cell phone nearby. You could use the video function to do this, but it'll take up lots of room. Alternatively, just download a voice recorder app, put the phone in airplane mode, and hit the record button for your voice inputs. You can overdub the video in post processing later.

Transitions were good, nice & gentle, which is important for an actual tutorial / bass secrets type video. I'd recommend showing a still shot of your bait BEFORE you hook a fish with it. Use a title overlay to describe the bait. It gives the viewer a better understanding of what you're doing with the bait when they watch the rod action.

Maybe add some music, but be careful that it's not so loud that it drowns out the voice audio. Less is more.

Other than those tips, all I can say is great job on your first video!!
    "The most dangerous risk of all -the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later." -random Facebook pic that came up on my wall

8'6" Longboard
    6'6" Shortboard