Thread: Raystown Lake

Raystown Lake

Hey guys, Im taking off work friday and driving up to Raystown to fish friday, saturday and sunday, with the girlfriend. Ive never been to the lake before. I was wondering if any of you guys could steer me in the right direction. Thanks

PM sent

3. Member
    Tough place to fish this time of year, haven't been up for a few weeks but might make it up Sunday. Always had best luck going slow and finesse fishing along a edges of drop offs into deeper water this time of year. I always fish at one end or the other it seems. Like James creek area has some good water around it and so does Snyders down around the dam. And if all else fails get some worms and minnows and fill up on panfish

4. Member
    Any updates or news on the stripers?? Mostly interested in nighttime top water action - Appreciate any info as I'm going there 18-23rd

5. Member
    I'm interested as well. Will be going there mid July for weekend of bass fishing and camping. Never been there before. Thanks, Chris
    Alumacraft Pro185 Yamaha F90 Minn Kota Maxxim 24V 70 Humminbird 999 & 859

I will be there the entire week of the 4th. It will be tough fishing for sure.

7. Member
    Any updates on fishing Rayestown? Suggestions on structures to fish or successful techniques?
    Alumacraft Pro185 Yamaha F90 Minn Kota Maxxim 24V 70 Humminbird 999 & 859

8. Member
    Had one of my better days up there last weekend. Caught both small and largemouth. Drop shot in 10-15 ft around grass edges

Quote Originally Posted by Chris's View Post
    Any updates on fishing Rayestown? Suggestions on structures to fish or successful techniques?

9. Member
    Any new updates?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

10. Member
    Was hoping to take my boy to fish raystown in a couple weaks. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard 2 View Post
    Was hoping to take my boy to fish raystown in a couple weaks. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    Going tomorrow, I'll let you know

I was up there on the 19th. All my fish came from 8-12 ft outside the weedlines.

13. Member
    Thanks for the info

14. Member
    Same here, fished main lake weedlines around that 15ft range and caught a few but nothing to brag about this last trip. Hopefully the pleasure boating starts slowing down soon

15. Member
    Well my boy and I went out over the weekend managed a couple small ones in about 9-15 feet on the weed line. Surly did not set the world on fire. Thanks for the help though maybe try it again in a couple weaks.

16. Member
    Headed to raystown this weekend. Haven't been there in a month or so. Anyone been there lately to comment where the fish are. I'm guessing they are still scattered either deep or on the grass. Any suggestions would be great!