Thread: Today's Images

Today's Images

Here are some captures from today, fishing a walleye tournament. Didn't do so well lol. Any recommendations for changing up settings? The first 4 are just playing around getting shots of the arched rock, at least thats what I think it is as we were right on a big rock face. The other 2 I believe are walleye that didn't want to eat out hooks.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    To slow MPH to get a decent image. But not bad for 0.5MPH. Also, I would crank up the contrast just a bit.

For the regular sonar I would turn OFF Noise rejection and Surface clarity, unless needed.
    Last edited by moetorola; 06-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.

How fast should he be going to get that great image?

4. Member
    Not so much as how fast should he go...more of matching scroll speed to boat speed. Play with it to get that smear effect off the shot. That one 2D looks pretty good and playing with SP or boat speed could get you what your looking for.
    It's not the numbers or size, it's the time spent on the water

5. Member
    It has everything to do with speed, he is only moving at 0.3~0.5mph in all the images. Basically barley moving at all. For optimum/best images you must be going 3/8mph.There is no scroll speed adjustment on structurescan.

In the 2d it appears you may have noise rejection turned to high or medium, turn it off or low. I would also set Surface clarity to Low or off on both 2d and structure 3D.

There is scroll speed on 2D, leave it default.

Your images are not that bad considering the speed traveling. Although I would turn off noise rejection. Only use it if you need it, otherwise off. Same with surface clarity.

My bow unit is off for noise and surface, but console is set to low on both.
    Last edited by moetorola; 07-10-2017 at 09:29 AM.

6. Member
    I fish from a kayak so my speed is not what I get from my boat. It didn't take long to figure out scroll speed was a great help. In one shot from yesterday I seen the fish, upped the scroll speed and dropped down a bottom bouncer. Structureacan on the kayak still gives good images...I wonder if setting it in 2D has an effect?

Just wondering why images from others at regular speeds are having issues when I am in a kayak and nowhere near those speeds. Just a thought
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slabbacks View Post
    I fish from a kayak so my speed is not what I get from my boat. It didn't take long to figure out scroll speed was a great help. In one shot from yesterday I seen the fish, upped the scroll speed and dropped down a bottom bouncer. Structureacan on the kayak still gives good images...I wonder if setting it in 2D has an effect?

Just wondering why images from others at regular speeds are having issues when I am in a kayak and nowhere near those speeds. Just a thought
    Not sure what unit your using, but on HDS Gen1 and Gen2 there is no scroll speed for Structurescan only regular sonar.
    I have heard someone say that adjusting 2d scroll speed made a difference on there Structurescan. I have not tested this. And that was only time I have ever heard of it.

8. Member
    I think he means regular sonar...changing the scroll speed on regular sonar has no effect on SS.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    Not sure what unit your using, but on HDS Gen1 and Gen2 there is no scroll speed for Structurescan only regular sonar.
    I have heard someone say that adjusting 2d scroll speed made a difference on there Structurescan. I have not tested this. And that was only time I have ever heard of it.

thx moetorola for the info. I run a Simrad GO7 xse. I'll check that out more when I go out Wednesday night. Thx again