Thread: Okeechobee?

Okeechobee?

I'll be down on the Big/Shallow O next week. I'll be going out of Scott Driver. Any one got any advice, besides have insurance? I've only really fished Harney Pond area. Any hints will be much appreciated. Anything colors, style, where not to go. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Shut down and idle 1000 yds of the grasslines, run the channels in and out and dont cut the corners. Lake is very runable, just need to be smart about it and if unsure...IDLE! Fish are shallow, extremely shallow get as far back as boat will float (which isnt too far back) and sling some big ez, frogs, buzzbaits, whopper ploppers). Next weekend should be good witht he full moon and the second bream spawn of the year. Last month it was crazy good in the shallows. Ram Open event yesterday took 26 to win and 21 to get a check. Its fishing well.

I won a tourney today running out of Clewiston to harney.. 23lbs... they are there waiting for you...

4. Member
    Lake is getting some good rain.

fishing should only get better...i have noticed that when the lake level rises it gets a crazy bite. should start to rise with all the rain down here and in central florida. good luck!

...edit...its back over 11 ft already. i like it when its around 12 ft.
    Last edited by cwilt; 06-04-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!