Thumbs Up Gone fishing Saturday; could have been a disaster but turned out oK

I went to one of my favorite lakes yesterday here in Norcal, Clear Lake. This is about a 2.5 hour drive and well worth the time, it's a great lake.

My Ranger is a late model meaning it has the keypad start, but like all Rangers it uses keys to open all the compartments. So as you probably guessed, 2.5 hours later, gas, ice and the mandatory muscle sticker (money grab) I am at the ramp only to realize I forgot the keys.

I don't know where I read this it could have been on this site; but somewhere, somehow, I read to hide a locker key under the dash.

As I was deciding to just take a boat drive on the lake since I was already there or just tuck my tail and drive home when I rememberd the tip. I crawl up under the dash and ill be dammed, I find a key zip tied under there,
    Last edited by Kromer; 06-04-2017 at 11:02 AM.

2. Member

3. Member
    A day saved! Cool.....

Good job

5. Member
    Very nice i keep one on my truck keys as well

6. Member
    I keep my Loc R Bar and compartment key on my truck key ring and extra set in my console which I remove at night if I am staying at hotels. Glad you saved your day!
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

Mine stays on my car keys.