Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What brand do you consider to be the best rain gear??

Looking for something to wear in the summer

2. Member
    I wear Simms and also have some Gill products. They are both pricey but top notch.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member

4. Member
    I love my Simms Pro Dry. Lightweight and breathe well, especially in warm weather. Great investment if you are going to fish in tough conditions. Perfect for my use in Florida and I can layer under them when its cold. They are expensive and I feel you get what you pay for. A day getting wet, cold or hypothermic as a result of poor raingear is worth the investment if you can afford it. Also, one less factor you have to worry about when tournament fishing, if you are inclined to do so. I'm sure there are other good ones out there and your personal choice will come down to what conditions you fish and how much you are willing to spend.

Simms is also a great company to deal with personally, much better than BPS when I had a problem with my 100 MPH rainwear, their top of the line house brand.

I love my Simms and will continue to buy their products in the future.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by autigerz View Post
    much better than BPS when I had a problem with my 100 MPH rainwear, their top of the line house brand.
    If you deal with Gore-Tex directly you'd have no issues. Gore-Tex replaced my 8 year old 100MPH gear, no questions asked, when the zipper seams started separating.

Cabela's pac lite goretex

8. mikesxpress
    I fish/hunt 4+ day a week. I have both the insulated & un-insulated Cabela's guidewear. I rarely use either anymore. The
    un-insulated set is to hot for spring/summer/fall here in VA. The insulated set is very warm in winter. If you use either of these regularly (more than once every couple months) they will require regular applications of Repel or a similar product to keep the gear water repellent. The seams, zippers, pockets, etc.. will all leak at times even with repeated treatments. Running at bass boat speeds drives the water into the fabric and they leak even more. Constantly contacting the material against another object (sitting in a rain soaked seat) also saturates them. $400.00+ a set. I thought it was a good idea??
    Rubber/PVC coated rain gear is the only real waterproof gear available. No it doesn't "breath" but neither does Guidewear or any other GorTex product. Under arm and back flap ventilation is of minimal consequence on rain gear. It's all sales gimmicks.

Grundens has been making fowl weather gear for outdoor/commercial fishing industry for many years (yep you see the guys with Grundens gear on most saltwater sportfishing shows, Deadliest Catch, Wicked Tuna, etc..).
    Reason for that is that it does it's job even under adverse conditions and holds up. Never seen any GorTex products worn on any of these shows. Hummm??
    I have had a set of Grundens for 3 years now and use them frequently. My choice for saltwater/freshwater fishing is the Petrus HD44 jacket & HD16 bibs. I buy mine oversized to accommodate warm clothing layering in winter.
    No pockets. No fly. No zipper. Double flap staggered snap closure on jacket. Simple drawstring hood. Lightweight and packable. Fits into 2/3's of a one gallon zip lock bag. Even at 70 mph no water gets in these. Both jacket and bibs can be had for less than $275. if you shop them.
    Downside: You have to disconnet the front of the bibs and drop them to take a leak. I am willing to accommodate that to stay dry.

Columbia. If it ever leaks, send it back and get the new version of whatever you had with no questions asked. It also won't cost you $800-1000 for a suit that will keep you dry.

Mountain Hardwear is the same company (with the same warranty) and makes really good stuff as well.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

10. Member
    Rubber is only thing that will keep you 100% dry.
    Check out BWCA.com forum for good gain gear tips.
    Some of these guys spend weeks to months out in the bush and they've tested gear hard.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

11. Member
    Stormr! If any issues deal with them direct..There great

12. Member
    Has anyone looked into this. I have them totally rain proof and not hot. I have the normal other rain/winter gear but these seem to be cooler them all.

https://www.cyclegear.com/rain-gear

Cabelas Guidewear......best fishing investment I've ever had
    2010 Nitro Z7
    2001 Nitro NX882 (for sale)
    2013 Ranger Z520C (gone)
    2004 Skeeter ZX190 (gone)
    1987 Ranger 375V (gone)

14. Member
    I heard the Simms are good but pricey . I don't fish in the rain any more or TX . But i do have a new like Cabelas Guidewear for the winter if i get caught out in a rain storm and a folding type lite weight BassPro Shop for the summer time .

15. Member
    I'm thinking about getting a set of the Frabill F3. Has anyone had any experience with these?
    ​Greg McDaniel
    2003 Triton TR-21
    Yahama OX66 225 slinging a 25P Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    Cabela's pac lite goretex
    That's what I was going to say.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

I am happy with my HUK next level suit.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

18. Member
    I bit the bullet and got the huk next level this sprig I love these. I never take the bibs off in the spring their fish ability and comfort level is amazing. under armor cold gear blue jeans and huk bibs is the ticket for me. I just hope they last at least 5 years

I've had the bass pro Pro Qualifier grey suit for 5 years now. And it gets put thru it. I will treat it every winter when I'm not fishing and my collar may get a little wet while driving in the rain but this suit has held up very well for me..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

20. Member
    Simms. Got my contender jacket for 220 and bibs for 180.ive basically lived in it for 3 years

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast