Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am thinking about Columbia. I just like the company and will be using it only if I get stuck in the rain.
    Last edited by opaleski; 06-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.

2. Member
    If you want the best that will breath in warmer weather and keep you dry at high speeds . Get a motorcycle rain suit . I bought a Harley Davidson one and its great and the jcket can be used as a wind breaker also . Not cheap but good stuff .

3. Member
    I had an original Cabelas Guidewear suit that I bought in the 1990's that was pretty awesome but it finally stated leaking. I have a new pro qualifier parka that is good, but the neoprene cuffs are not tight enough and let water in. I bought some guidewear bibs a few years back on sale that are not near the quality my originals were. Some guys in my club have Carhart and say it is really good stuff. I think I will stick with the Pro Qualifier parka and try some bibs from carhart.

4. Member
    I use Zero Restriction golf rain wear. Pricey, but then I use it for golf also. Jackets very roomy for shoulder turns and bending / reaching.

5. Member
    Honestly, buy a GOOD jacket and wear quick dry underwear and quick dry shorts/pants.
    Underneath your rain jacket, wear a quick dry underlayment and quick dry shirt.
    On your feet, quick dry socks and shoes. Install a good rain hat on your head ... Tilley.
    I'm an avid hiker and I've been wet more and longer than most fisherman.
    NO rain jacket/pants will keep you 100% dry, unless it doesn't breathe (rubber).
    What they will do ... keep you comfortable and mostly dry in even the worst conditions.

To stay on the inexpensive side ... Columbia Watertight II, available around $50-60.
    To stay on the moderate side ... North Face Venture 2, available around $90-100.

I don't like to spend more than $100, things happen ... rips, cuts, loss, leaks, etc.
    I'm always looking for lightweight (2.5 layers), ease of movement and breathability.

Hope this helps. And come hiking with me this summer. I'll be on the Appalachian Trail.
    Last edited by TampaJim; 06-07-2017 at 07:41 AM.

6. Member
    The Simms and Gill stuff I have has blown away the 100mph and Guidewear stuff I have.

I have simms pro dry...good stuff...dang expensive, hurt to buy almost as much as sleep number bed.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I have simms pro dry...good stuff...dang expensive, hurt to buy almost as much as sleep number bed.
    Same here. I am not saying it cannot happen but I have never got wet under my jacket and bibs.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    Gill 100% waterproof, guaranteed.

There are alot of misconceptions regarding waterproof fabrics, how they're made, and who makes them.

Gill doesn't use licensed fabrics from other manufacturers, like the vast majority of other brands.

Read this, it's very informative.

https://gillfishing.com/t-b2c_fabricsystem.aspx

10. Member
    Go to WingSupply and get a Frabill suit. They are on sale right now if they have your size. Many different weights of suits to fit your needs. 70% off retail on most suits.

11. Member
    Just bought a F3 suit, $500 retail but was $137 for top and bibs delivered to my door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    The Simms and Gill stuff I have has blown away the 100mph and Guidewear stuff I have.
    I would hope so. It costs about 3 times as much, doesn't it?

Not trying to be funny - I had some fly fishing friends who bought the Simms jackets when they first came out and had to send them back multiple times as they leaked like a sieve. I'm glad to hear they've got it ironed out.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13. Moderator
    The new 200 MPH suits from Bass pro I love it.

frog togs

Quote Originally Posted by Garfish View Post
    Cabela's pac lite goretex

16. Member
    For summer in the deep South? Frog Toggs suit if anything. Columbia fishing clothes dry fast and it feels good to fish in a cool rain!

17. Member
    I've got a simms jacket that I got on clearance that is fantastic. Bibs are bps pro qualifier that I got on eBay for $25 shipped because they had a broken plastic clasp. Took it to the shoe repair guy to put a new one on for $12 and they are like new.

Also have a pair of frog toggs toadz bibs that are lighter than the bps and I've never been wet in them and I've been in some absolute down pours in them.

Gill hands down. The FG2 tournament jacket and trousers are worth every penny. You get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo331 View Post
    The new 200 MPH suits from Bass pro I love it.
    Thats good!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I would hope so. It costs about 3 times as much, doesn't it?

Not trying to be funny - I had some fly fishing friends who bought the Simms jackets when they first came out and had to send them back multiple times as they leaked like a sieve. I'm glad to hear they've got it ironed out.
    Yeah, they've come along ways since 1980. The challenger series is affordable gear that is top notch and a way better fit than frabil. The prodry is crazy expensive but is top of the line gear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast