Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rebuilt the crankcase. Made sure the bearing races were centered properly, tightened down to 18lbs, able to turn it with a finger
    Hopefully I'll have it put back together today and see if it fires up.

Got it all back together today. Took a couple tries but I got it running! I ran it four times and let it run about 45 secs to a min each time. With about 5 mins of cooling off in between. It's smoking pretty good with all that extra oil.

Only issue now is... I have no horn, nav lights, or pumps. Any ideas?

3. Member
    make sure 12v wires for accessories hooked up at batt
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    make sure 12v wires for accessories hooked up at batt
    That was it. Thanks Joe. I thought those were just for my fish finders, haha.

So is it bad to start it up on the hose and let it run? I wanna rev it just a little to see how it acts, I also need to do the break in. Is it bad to let it idle to long before I start the break in? I thought I read somewhere not to let it idle to long.

5. Member
    really need to put in lake put load on it/ don't rev it in N
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Thanks for the post. Way to stick with it...
    On Fridays I fish...

really need to put in lake put load on it/ don't rev it in N
    Sounds good. Next day off is tues. I'll be heading to the lake then.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlew View Post
    Thanks for the post. Way to stick with it...
    Thanks King

8. Member
    OJ says if the bearing don't fit you must quit

Had a question about my fuel specs in the service manual. Under fuel system it says Gasoline/Oil Ratio 50:1 (including Break-In). So does that mean essentially I'm already running the correct break in fuel ratio?

10. Member
    50/1 mix n tank plus injection for break in

Took the boat out today. Started up fine. Took a couple tries but it got going. So I idled out put the throttle down and brought it up to 3500 and leveled it out. Then proceed to do the first hour of break in at varied throttle settings between 2500-3500. Then I started the second hour and brought it up to 4500 then alternated between 4500, 3500, 4000, and 2500. I just stayed in this cove and made a big loop from one end to the other. Third hour I brought it up to 5000 but didn't hold it for too long. All in all it did great. I think the idle can be fine tuned, but other then that I think it did pretty well. So after those first 2 hours, I took a little break. My son and I fished a little. Caught a fish each, then decided to move spots. When I turned the key it made the one loud beep. But then as I turned to start it it made these weird little chirping noises. We fished again. Got a fish each. Then headed home. When I got home I threw it on the hose and got a video of the chirping noises.

Last edited by tYLoU; 08-02-2017 at 12:51 AM. Reason: added a little cruising video

12. Member
    that chrip at key on is warning system letting you know its working if it doesn't do that its not

that chrip at key on is warning system letting you know its working if it doesn't do that its not
    Yeah I got that. And that is the loud distinct beep. The chirps are as I turn the key to turn the motor over. They are very faint, but can be heard in that video I linked. They come after that beep.

14. Member
    unplug wires coming out of oil tank see if they stop

unplug wires coming out of oil tank see if they stop
    Very late response, been really busy. But my last time I fired it I did this, unplugged the sensor on the bottom of the tank and the chirps went away. I cleaned the sensor off and put it back, but still chirps when plugged back in. I’ve almost completed the break in fuel time. I’ve got about half a tank left of break in fuel to go. It’s been running pretty good. I’ve had it out about 3-4 times now. Takes a couple times to get it going, but it does have a ton of oil going thru it.

16. Banned
    I wish I had the expertise to do what you did with your motor. Glad to hear that you got it running and my hat is off to you and all the folks that helped you out!

Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    I wish I had the expertise to do what you did with your motor. Glad to hear that you got it running and my hat is off to you and all the folks that helped you out!
    Honestly, I’m no expert. But I do like to build things. It took a lot of tinkering to figure it out, but the help here and finding a manual helped big time. Making a list and taking pictures when disassembling helped putting it back together. And thanks for the reply, and thanks to everyone that pitched in with advise.

18. Member
    likely bad float in tank will need complete tank rep or pre mix or leave wires discon and keep tank full check EVERY time you use it

likely bad float in tank will need complete tank rep or pre mix or leave wires discon and keep tank full check EVERY time you use it
    Thanks Joe. That’s been my routine when I get home. Top off oil, and charge up batteries. I’ll most likely unplug then and keep a watchful eye on the tank for now.

Also, thanks for all your help. It’s been huge with my rebuild.

20. Member
    welcome LOU

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123