Thread: Triton hulls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triton hulls?

Looking at used boats and see a few good deals on some Tritons now I have never paid much action to them. And triton has had some many hulls I have no clue which one are better for what. So could y'all list the good hulls for ky lake.

2. Member
    21 TrX would be good for my lake. Very good boat in rough water. I imaging the XS boats would be good as well.

3. @delta_fisher
    It really depends how you fish

i chose an 18' TR18 for my style. I tend to take my boat into really narrow and shallow places. I wanted the smaller boat for the maneuverability
    99 Triton TR18 DC
    99 Evinrude Ficht 150

Striped bass angler, CA Delta

@delta_fisher @pondscumanglers
    @limitlures @slyguylures
    @nor.cal.kat

I talked to Triton the other day and they told me the current 21 TRX hulls are the EXACT same hull as the 04-06 21x. They actually went back to them because of how well they performed. I ordered a new trailer and needed some clarification and thats what Marty at Triton told me. Makes me want to hang on to mine even more!

5. Banned
    The 11-14 21xs hulls are the best in my opinion, I have a 22trx and are supposed to be the same as the xs but it doesn't ride as well as th early model xs boats.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saebass View Post
    Looking at used boats and see a few good deals on some Tritons now I have never paid much action to them. And triton has had some many hulls I have no clue which one are better for what. So could y'all list the good hulls for ky lake.
    We sold a large number of these in 2004 threw 2006 and they are by far the best hulls, TRX 21, same as a TR21HP.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    The 11-14 21xs hulls are the best in my opinion, I have a 22trx and are supposed to be the same as the xs but it doesn't ride as well as th early model xs boats.
    Are those xs hulls as fast as the HP hulls, or are we talking about nicer riding/easier driving?
    this is a great thread as i too am starting to took at tritons

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpGumpy View Post
    Are those xs hulls as fast as the HP hulls, or are we talking about nicer riding/easier driving?
    this is a great thread as i too am starting to took at tritons
    The XS is the Cadillac hull, the HP is the haul ass hull, and no, the XS is not as fast as the HP but much friendlier to drive. I've had them both and I preferred the XS. Had my time in the go fast boats, the way the wind blows here going fast was seldom used.

9. Member
    agree

10. Member
    There is no such thing as a bass boat hull that is good in rough water . I have been in all of them over the years , if the wind is howling and your running in 2 to 3 footers it sucks in any bass boat your in . So I pick speed always and that would be the TR hulls . Just my humble opinion .

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Cook View Post
    There is no such thing as a bass boat hull that is good in rough water . I have been in all of them over the years , if the wind is howling and your running in 2 to 3 footers it sucks in any bass boat your in . So I pick speed always and that would be the TR hulls . Just my humble opinion .
    The21 TrX s the second best riding bass boat I've ever rode in.Interestingly enough, the best was an Allison XB-21.
    Last edited by Landar; 06-07-2017 at 05:47 AM.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkwallet View Post
    The21 TrX s the econdbt iding bass bat I've evr rodein.Inteestingy enough, te best was an Allison XB-21.
    I think I figured out what you said!,

13. Member
    I have a 13 21xs. Absolutely love this boat!!! 25 Fury rips out of the hole and i run 71 in MI loaded to the gills. I run a 26 Fury spring and fall and have hit 77mph before. When its time to fish, Ill pass every boat on the lake. Big, smooth, and fast. What else is there. Is the 17 22TRX same as the older 21 xs's ???

14. Member
    What about the X2 Hulls I hear they're a deeper V and not good in skinny water

Quote Originally Posted by Flippincrazy245 View Post
    What about the X2 Hulls I hear they're a deeper V and not good in skinny water
    That sounds like my boat.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

16. Member
    For KY Lake, the bigger the better. Two boats ago I had a TR-20X and I loved it. But my son and I fished the owners tourney out of Paris. High winds and current nearly did us in. First time I have ever been scared in a bass boat. If I was fishing there full time, it would be a 21 ft something with a hydraulic jack plate and a 4 blade prop so I can get the motor all the way in the water and have the bite of a 4 blade.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironshores7 View Post
    I have a 13 21xs. Absolutely love this boat!!! 25 Fury rips out of the hole and i run 71 in MI loaded to the gills. I run a 26 Fury spring and fall and have hit 77mph before. When its time to fish, Ill pass every boat on the lake. Big, smooth, and fast. What else is there. Is the 17 22TRX same as the older 21 xs's ???
    The 22trx is the same as the XS just a little wider on the deck, same layout at the XS with a nicer top cap that looks like a ranger.

18. Member
    Got it! Thanks 250. Love mine! Perfect boat!

19. Member
    love my 05 TR21X, I will repower before I look at a new boat

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pureoil313 View Post
    love my 05 TR21X, I will repower before I look at a new boat
    ^^^^ +1
    Best boat Triton made IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast