New storage console fab'd

Back in '95 when I got the Cajun, I built this under-console storage bin out of wood, painted it and covered it in vinyl.
    01 old storage.jpg
    Was getting pretty ratty and rotten, so I designed a new one and built it from 1/4" plastic sheet.
    CAD sketch:
    side console v2.JPG
    Finished product:
    02 new storage open.jpg03 new storage open.jpg04 new storage closed.jpg
    05 new storage closed.jpg06 new storage open.jpg
    Drilled and tapped 6-32 threaded holes in the edges of the 1/4" thick sheets to screw them together - free-handed. Tricky without a jig!
    07 edge drill.JPG08 edge tap.JPG
    Holds 2 deep Plano boxes for storage of large items. Door shuts with rare earth magnets.
    Not sure yet if I should leave it white, or paint it, or vinyl wrap it in carbon fiber pattern...?

2. Member
    Looks good, now we need pics of it installed

3. Member
    Looks really good Where did you order you 1/4" plastic from, I need some for a project?

Thanks

Looks good, now we need pics of it installed
    Pics #6 & 7 show it installed along starboard side under the console.

Looks really good Where did you order you 1/4" plastic from, I need some for a project?
    Thanks. I had the 1/4" plastic leftover from other past projects. Used it up for this project, since there was no structural strength needed from thicker material.
    I've used thicker plain cutting boards on previous projects, as well as sheets of HPDE (Starboard and Seaboard) off Amazon in 3/8" and 1/2".

5. Member
    [QUOTE=CastingCall;8472924]Pics #6 & 7 show it installed along starboard side under the console.

Haha, I completely missed those pics.
    Looks great