An extra set of brakes

My wife is in need of a new vehicle. She currently has a Jeep Liberty CRD. She pulled my Champion 206 to South Texas and back several times. I have a different boat now but quite similar in size to the Champion.

She won't even consider the size of an Explorer or Jeep Grand Cherokee. My thoughts are adding a second set of brakes to the boat trailer to compensate for the stopping ability of a lighter rated towing vehicle. What do you think?

It would help with stopping but not on unwanted sway/ emergancy maneuvers honestly though I believe even a small vehicle can pull a large trailer if your aware of the capabilities. Don't drive 80 pay attention and stay calm. Should be fine

I would be equally concerned about the transmission. I pulled my 19' Nitro with a Jeep GC 6cyl and smoked the transmission. Got it rebuilt and within 10,000 miles is was slipping again. Transmission guy said the plates just aren't beefy enough for pulling a load like that.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    I guess we'll see. She bought a Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk with factory tow package. We pick it up tomorrow.