Helix 12 g2n si mega split screen problems?????

Have used birds forever.....turn unit on and all is ok. Flip thru the menus a few times and get to the screen I want like DI and map. Some times the arrow which shows active screen is there and sometimes it's not.... arrow indicates active screen, hit menu once and up pops menu which lets me choose left or right which is good. Sometimes there is no arrow to show active screen and so say I want to zoom in 0n map, can't. Plus minus keys do nothing and menu goes to main menus not to menu which lets you choose which side of screen you want to be active.. it's bad, have to go to the map, sonar,si, DI only page to do anything. software version is current 1.4 i think.

I called Humminbird today. The guy was very professional and tried to help me. He said they have one other report of this and I was told I need to wait till the next software update. My response was a bit less professional than I care to admit to. Has anyone else run into this problem?

ive had some issues with view and menu keys sticking. Possibly a part of the problem? It linked to my Ultrex and has 360 imaging as well. Sometime it just changes views on its own, I would say it's a stuck key buy no beep like I get when keys stick.

like I said I've used birds forever and know system very well. Restored defaults twice. Is there any other options ?

thanks
    Last edited by TonkaCat; 06-01-2017 at 07:29 PM.

2. Member
    I just noticed an issue yesterday with a Helix 12 CHIRP SI/GPS G1 and Helix 10 SI/GPS G1 models with 1.4 software. Not sure if it was happening before I installed 1.4 though. Noticed that in any Chart Combo views that I couldn't change zoom level on chart. It would only work with full screen Chart view. Thanks for posting....I was beginning to think I was forgetting something which is becoming too frequent....LOL I hope they fix it in the next update and allow hiding all of those Radar views...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    I just noticed an issue yesterday with a Helix 12 CHIRP SI/GPS G1 and Helix 10 SI/GPS G1 models with 1.4 software. Not sure if it was happening before I installed 1.4 though. Noticed that in any Chart Combo views that I couldn't change zoom level on chart. It would only work with full screen Chart view. Thanks for posting....I was beginning to think I was forgetting something which is becoming too frequent....LOL I hope they fix it in the next update and allow hiding all of those Radar views...LOL
    Just checked my Helix 12 like yours with 1.400 and all my Chart views work with Zoom, even the dreaded Chart/RADAR view.
    Just have to pay attention to which side is activated for menu settings. It changes since some Chart views are on the left side and some are on the right side. The active side does not change when you change views.

Example for the SI/Chart, the Chart is on the right. If the right side is active, you can zoom the chart.
    If you change to Chart/Sonar/SI, the Chart is on the left, but the active side is still right--have to change to active left side to zoom chart with that view, then any other views will still have the left side active.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Strange...I just tried my Helix 10 in simulator mode and worked normally...LOL When I was out yesterday with everything networked, I get a I-Pilot panel on right side and maybe I had switched active view over to it.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Anyone get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing but didn't start until I linked my ultrex with it this weekend.

6. Member
    Figured this out. All you need to do is select ...."show I piolet controls"......and magically the arrow will show up!

7. Member
    I have had the same problem intermittently. I will try 'show i-pilot controls next time, thanks

8. Member
    I have the same issues with my Helix10 G2N Mega SI.
    I've found a workaround though. Under VIEWS menu, keep CHART view hidden.
    The problem starts the moment my iPilot shows connected to the network.
    It doesn't affect my bow unit, which is a Helix 10 G2N GPS.
    I also have an Ulterra with i Pilot link and transom mount 360 imaging, of course all networked on an ethernet switch.
    I'm able to live without chart view since the next screen is basically the same with the addition of the heading tape across the top of the screen.

I've contacted HB about it and they asked for all of my software version details.

Cheers,
    Scott