Best electronics mount for an HDS 12

Currently have the large RAM mount on my console for my HDS 12. it works ok till you get into rough water, then i find myself driving with one hand on the wheel and one on the HDS 12. The Ballzout mount that i have will not work for a horizontal mount at the console.

2. Member
    Try a Precision Mount. They sell one that cover the hole in console and mounts the graph almost up against the steering wheel. The 12 is hard to see over if you are short like me.

3. Member
    See the current post re V20 dual electronics post. I believe that is the precision mount x2.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    See the current post re V20 dual electronics post. I believe that is the precision mount x2.
    Thanks I will check it out

5. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by 211bluff View Post
    Thanks I will check it out
    Precision Sonar

http://precisionsonar.com/

Attached Images Attached Images

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

6. Member
    Now all they need is to design and sell a booster seat for us height challenged people so we can see over the 12's.

i'm 6'1 and have a hard time seeing over my hds 10.

per the original post - i have the dek-it console mount for my 10 and it fits perfectly between the gauges on a 199. I'm running a 12 on the side of the console with a RAM mount and have the same problems. was hoping you could use a balzout there, so that is disappointing. T&H has a couple aluminum mounts that may work. Otherwise i've seen a lot of legends run the RAM horizontal swing-arm style mount off the side of the console, i'm not sure if it will be big enough for a 12 however.

here's the dekit with a hds 9" on it. 10 fits about the same and isn't much smaller than a 12.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    My neighbor runs a 211 and he just installed the KVD kong mount on the side of his console. He said it works very well with his 10" hummingbird, very solid and he was able to get it level. I saw the finished product and it looks nice, no movement at all when i grabbed and pulled on it. I just ordered one.