Could use some help.

I have a friend that has some physical disabilities from a stroke. He lives in Clare Michigan. I told him I'd try to get him out fishing a couple times a season. Looks like he will be able to have his wife bring him to Ludington so we can fish Hamlin Lake when we are up there on vacation. The other time I hope to drive over from Ludington and take him fishing near his home. Here comes the help part.
    I have never fished that area and could us some suggestions on where to fish. He has fished a pond 3-4 times this year and gotten out once on a bass boat and not had any luck catching a bass. I need a numbers lake if possible, say within 30-60 minutes of Clare. Size doesn't matter, he just wants to catch a bass so bad. LOL The launch has to have a dock so he can get in the boat.
    Looks like this trip may happen next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated !!! Thank you

I replied to your post on GLB. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=815538

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I've fished with a stroke victim. Non inflatable PFD is in order. Sometimes they can handle a baitcaster easier then a spinning rod and vice-versa.
    I hope someone extends this courtesy to me if I become limited.

4. Member
    Sanford and Wixom are great lakes to the east. If you wanted to travel a bit north of there, Lancer is an amazing fishery that puts numbers in the boat. We did a 1 fish weigh in tourney last year before our classic on Lancer and every boat reported 15-20 keepers and were throwing back 3.5lb'ers for most of them. Now this was the fall but I know that lake is filled with fish.

I'll send Ben a message and see if he can give you any insight as to a good lake near Clare.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glfgd82 View Post
    Sanford and Wixom are great lakes to the east. If you wanted to travel a bit north of there, Lancer is an amazing fishery that puts numbers in the boat. We did a 1 fish weigh in tourney last year before our classic on Lancer and every boat reported 15-20 keepers and were throwing back 3.5lb'ers for most of them. Now this was the fall but I know that lake is filled with fish.

I'll send Ben a message and see if he can give you any insight as to a good lake near Clare.
    This is almost exactly what I would have said as well - James nailed it on the head. Lake Lancer/Sugar Springs is the lake I'd go to for both numbers and size. Fish this time of year will be a little bit tougher with it being postspawn, but you should still be able to get bit and catch a lot of fish

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I've fished with a stroke victim. Non inflatable PFD is in order. Sometimes they can handle a baitcaster easier then a spinning rod and vice-versa.
    I hope someone extends this courtesy to me if I become limited.
    Actually this will be the first time for me. He was young when he had the stroke. Early 40's. Think it was 5-6 years ago. No use of his left arm. Last fall I purchased a electric fishing reel for him from Fishing Abilities. A co-worker made him a rod. I live 3 1/2 hours away but I told I'd try to take him fishing a couple times a year. And he does have a PFD to wear.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FF Jeff View Post
    Actually this will be the first time for me. He was young when he had the stroke. Early 40's. Think it was 5-6 years ago. No use of his left arm. Last fall I purchased a electric fishing reel for him from Fishing Abilities. A co-worker made him a rod. I live 3 1/2 hours away but I told I'd try to take him fishing a couple times a year. And he does have a PFD to wear.
    Lancer/Sugar Springs, I'll have check into that. I forgot to mention I may only be able to use trolling motor or idle. Not exactly sure if I can get him from the back deck to the seating area. He used a bag chair in the back deck the other day. Looks like it worked well at keeping him secure.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FF Jeff View Post
    Lancer/Sugar Springs, I'll have check into that. I forgot to mention I may only be able to use trolling motor or idle. Not exactly sure if I can get him from the back deck to the seating area. He used a bag chair in the back deck the other day. Looks like it worked well at keeping him secure.
    Lancer is easy to navigate. Last year we did our side pot tourney up there and my partner and I decided to fish right away at the launch and had 4 legal keepers before we left the small area where the launch is.

9. Member
    IF memory serves me right Lancer is no wake before 11am so it should fit nicely into what you are trying to do....Very nice thing by the way..

10. Member
    Ok, I'm going to key on Lancer. Finally found it on the map. LOL What part of the lake is the launch?? Is there more than one?? And thanks for the nice comment Brnzbaklvr.

11. Member

5005 N Hockaday Rd, Gladwin, MI 48624

The red spot on the picture above is the launch, north east side of the lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Thanks James, much appreciated. I'm not the smoothest when it comes to computers. You made it easy for me. I did zoom in and think I saw that launch. I'm starting to get excited for this outing. Hope the weather holds. I've fished a long time, maybe it's a confidence thing but I'm gonna ask what you guys would throw at them there. I'm thinking topwater if we get out early or a coverage bait. Spinner ?? Like sencos. Gonna check for beds but I imagine most will have spawned. Thanks again guys. I plan to make a report post if we get out ok. :)