Jackplate U-bolt size

I've searched here, the interwebs, the dealership, the manufacturer, and hardware stores. After swapping one slidemaster jackplate for another, and trying to transfer my tie down ubolts, I come to realize the ones I took off my old plate are smaller in size and width which do not allow them to work on the new plate. From the measurements I've taken, I can't find what I seem to need anywhere. Slodemaster says they don't send them with the plates they just drill the holes and the manufacturers install the ubolts. When asked about what size I should look for I was told the size of my older, smaller ones or that I should be able to find what I need at a hardware store. I called the dealer hoping they could either get me some or had some on some of their old jackplate takeoffs they had but there was none available there. From measurements took, I need 1/2"-13 ubolt that has an inside width of 1 3/8" and an inside length of 2 1/2-3". Best I can tell my dad's ubolts on his slidemaster measure out at 7/16" diameter but still I cannot find either diameter in that close of inside width. It's very odd to me that this information and part is this hard to find. Does anybody have any insight for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rodney

2. Member
    mcmaster carr has everything possible in regard to fasterners.also may have to consider up-sizing the holes to accept a different u-bolt.

3. Member
    Put your stap hook into the hole itself , don't use u-bolt at all.

4. Member
    Where the holes are located, and as thick as the plate is where the holes are, you can't get the hooks in the hole. McMaster nor any other industrial or residential supply has anything with that tight of bend. Everything I've found is quite a bit wider than the holes that are already there. Thanks though.

Put a stainless eye bolt there with a washer on each side and a nylock nut on the inside of the jack plate
    Attached Images Attached Images

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

6. Member
    Now there's an idea

7. Member

8. Member
    Thanks for that. I found some from boltdepot.com that were 3/8" and not the 1/2" but were otherwise perfect, really good pricing, and fast shipping. Seems nobody makes the 1/2" in that tight of bend.