Help! What is best place to take my son bass fishing in Gatlinburg/Knoxville area??

Hi everyone, I am trying to plan a few days of fishing early next week in the Gatlinburg/Knoxville area. I have a Skeeter ZX225 and I am looking for the best place to take my son bass fishing in these areas. I was thinking of fishing the Ft. Louden Lake instead of Cherokee or Douglas. But I would like to get you local guys opinions on where we should put in or even go to just have a great time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

2. Member
    Last I heard ft. Loudon wasn't producing much. Douglas usually produces good numbers, Cherokee seems to have a learning curve. Watts bar has good numbers and decent size. I'd go for Douglas or watts bar

3. Member
    thanks for the info

4. Member
    You will get bite at Loudon but running into a toad might not happen. Not been on Douglas or Cherokee in years. Watts may be my pick.

5. Member
    I'm catching numbers on Loudon. No big girls. Went to Watts Bar last Saturday and only caught 1 smallmouth and 6 drum. Cherokee is producing some good numbers as well. Haven't been to Douglas this year. I like Loudon right now.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

6. Member

7. Member
    I will be coming from Gatlinburg as my new home base for the week. Where would be best to put in on Loudon? For the Watts Bar recco what would be the best location to put it?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nrka1 View Post
    I will be coming from Gatlinburg as my new home base for the week. Where would be best to put in on Loudon? For the Watts Bar recco what would be the best location to put it?
    If you drive down to Lenoir City you could take your pick of Loudon or Tellico to fish.

Bill

lenoir city near the dam will put you at the canal. A ramp off Northshore dr. near Concord rd. is a good ramp too. It is about midlake. Go during the week for less boat traffic.

10. Member
    Decent launch on Fort Loudon at 1413 Topside Rd, Louisville, TN 37777. I have done well in this area of the lake. Looks like it would be 1 hour 9 minutes from Gatlinburg.

11. Member
    Awesome, thanks to everyone for the help.

12. Member
    We launched at Topside and the ramp was great. We had a great day of fishing.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nrka1 View Post
    We launched at Topside and the ramp was great. We had a great day of fishing.
    Glad to hear it.