xb21 Black ligt?

For those guys with an xb21 that night fishes. What are you using for black lights? I know not everybody uses them but we do. I probably night fish twice as much as I fish in the day and when I'm dragging a jig or worm down a point or threw brush I want to see my line. I'm a dealer for nightfision and have been using their system for years but after getting this xb21 I'm not sure their lights will fit in the rub rail. Bill is going to send me a few scrap pieces of the rub rail insert so I can find out for sure if they will work but thought I would post the question to see what everybody else is doing just in case they will not.

Thanks
    Matt

2. Member
    Subscribed!

3. Member
    I have punisher lures lights on mine they installed the sockets for me at the factory before I picked the boat up so I can't comment on the installation process but I like the lights. The rub rail rail lights weren't around at the time or at least I didn't know it if they were hence the decision to use these. On nice feature they have is a white led on the back you can toggle on and off for a little light when you need it.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR21

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    My favorite. I use the full moon zero degree with the suctions cups with the phone jack female connectors. The suction cups don't actually "suction" to the textured surface but rather keep them in place from spinning. I'm trying to find pics of mine installed.

http://moonliteusa.com/products
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

5. Member
    Craig, since whem do you night fish 🙄 Lol... I have a friend that put the led rub rail lights in his, fished a couple weeks ago out of his boat and man what an awesome experience. Most of all my fishing is at night in the summer, I will definitely be adding some to my rig, just gotta figure out what.
    the full moon looks very interesting but they don't have any pics on there website of what it looks like at night.

6. Member
    we use the moonlite and they do a great job for sure

7. Member
    I would recommend the Moonlite also. They work great. The Rub Rail is not wide enough for that type setup on the Allison Boats at this time.

Greg
    Podge

8. BBC SPONSOR

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

9. Member
    Tim, 1st off NICE, did you have to do any drilling for the install of the wiring? (Thru the gunnel) and what kit did you use manufactuor?

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Promax5184 View Post
    Tim, 1st off NICE, did you have to do any drilling for the install of the wiring? (Thru the gunnel) and what kit did you use manufactuor?
    They are the nightfision brand that Matt (99Jav) is a dealer for. Unfortunately these were installed at the factory by Bullet and I do no know how they are wired together....Maybe Matt will chime in, I am assuming there is a wire on each side for power as the port and stbd side are on separate switch's.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

11. Member
    All the light strips are wired inside the rub rail insert and there is a wire or two (depending on the kit you order) on each side at the front of the boat. You have to drill a small hole in the back of the rub rail on each side to pull the wires through and wire them up behind the bow panel. There is no exposed wires. They look and work great but I'm just not sure we can get them in the Allison rubrail. When you order the kit from them you get a brand new rub rail insert with the lights already installed.

I will know in a few weeks if they will work in our rub rails and will let everybody know. I've been using them for years and really like the convenience of them. You cant knock them off in the water and you can't leave them at home. All you do is flip a switch and you have light.

12. Member
    Agreed!! I've only fished with them once and after that experience, it's hard to fish with out now! Not to mention it looks cool as hell and is a real head turner!! (As if our ally's don't do that anyway) ;)

13. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I used to fish every weekend throughout the summer months at my home lake and used black lights. I've used the moon lights several times and they're great but don't get the time to fish like I used to, or should say "want to",
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Priorities Craig, Priorities!
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

15. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I went the el-cheapo route. I bought some nuclieye lights and moved the suction cups to the back of the aluminum case(drilled/threaded) so they would suction to the side of the boat vs the textured top cap rail. Powered with the cigarette lighter jack. When I'm done, I put them in a small tuperware box and throw them in the storage box. They provide plenty of black light.

First pic is for size comparison. Second pic is how I have them mounted.

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak