Thread: There is hope.

There is hope.

Could the choke hold that the " limited partnership", has on Geist, be loosening?
    The city of Fishers is in talks with IMI, to build a park and canoe launch across the road from the Olio rd ramp.
    For the princely sum of $ 9 million. BTW.
    Right where IMI won't allow over flow parking anymore.
    Hmmmm.
    Coincidence???
    Mayb if enough boaters called Fishers' town board, asking for another boat ramp, might it happen?

2. Member
    Here's the story

3. Member
    Would be nice to have a ramp not controlled by the same folks as the current one. I understand needing to make a profit but IMO, unless they are doing something with the money other than just lining their pockets, they are ripping us off. Unfortunately, I just do not see the space for parking that a new ramp would need with their desire to do a multi-use park like they are proposing.
    What would be real nice is if the city could just wrap the existing ramp and parking areas into the acquisition deal and then charge a more reasonable fee and offer maybe a discount for a yearly pass. Nice to see that something other than more high dollar homes going in on the lake.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

4. idbefishing
    Maybe it is just me but I kinda prefer them keeping the fee high to reduce the # of boats. I'm not rich by any stretch and only go once in a while. That lake is too small, it would be ruined in no time if more boats get on there.

5. Member
    If everyone would boycott the lake for a year, and let them eat the insurance premiums. Bet the next year they would be a lot lower price to get you back.
    Love the lake, but Im sure not paying 35 to launch

6. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Love the lake, but Im sure not paying 35 to launch
    that is why I only put in when it's 15 bucks or free
    Does anybody know if you get charge to ice fish there?

7. Member
    No charge to ice fish, but I would stay a away from the docks at the marina.

8. Member
    I was there on Wednesday and there was a lot of activity with trucks carrying fill dirt across the street from the ramp.