Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High School National Championship!!! BOATER NEEDED

Hello, my name is Andrew Eaton. My partner Nate LaCombe and I (from Massachusetts) have qualified for the National Championship on Kentucky Lake out of Paris, TN. We are in dire need of a boater for the tournament from June 19-24 next month. Please help us out we need a boater by this Friday or we cannot fish the tournament. You can contact me at 781-999-3459. Please get this info out. We are a bunch of fun to fish with

thank you,
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,
    You need someone for five days, correct? Or can it be a few different boats for a full day or two each?
    Can anyone help these kids out?

3. Member
    RangerRodney may see this around 430 tomorrow morning

4. Member
    You'll want a boat like his with great electronics and the ability to sit on those ledges this time of year if you want a chance at winning on that lake. I'd offer to help with my little aluminum rig but I'm working that week.

How does it work- yall 2 go out with a boat owner? Ive never heard

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Yes the high school fishermen have to have a boat driver...

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Hope someone steps up to help them
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I know Andrew - I can vouch for him. Good kid. Hope you guys find a boater!
    Wishing I was Fishing

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    You'll want a boat like his with great electronics and the ability to sit on those ledges this time of year if you want a chance at winning on that lake. I'd offer to help with my little aluminum rig but I'm working that week.
    My friend took second place last year in the high school championship and they had no electronics, just saying

10. Member
    Serious question....if you find a boat driver that is local and knows the lake, can he take you to spots and put you on the fish, or do you have to find your own spots/tell him where to go?

I'm not sure how it works on a Championship level but on the local level here in South Carolina, the boater can take them wherever he wants. He just can't catch or handle the fish.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo_06 View Post
    I'm not sure how it works on a Championship level but on the local level here in South Carolina, the boater can take them wherever he wants. He just can't catch or handle the fish.
    That could be a huge advantage on a lake like KY lake.

13. Member
    Hopefully someone can be a Boat Captain for these guys!!!

If I was anywhere closer I would offer my time & boat up.

14. Member
    With our local area schools, the boat captain/owner is basically a taxi driver. The kids decide what spots they want to fish and the boater drives them there and sits back while they fish and run the TM.
    Hope you find someone.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Serious question....if you find a boat driver that is local and knows the lake, can he take you to spots and put you on the fish, or do you have to find your own spots/tell him where to go?
    If it is like last year, you can practice with the kids and even fish yourself during official practice. So you can help find or show them spots. Lots of water in that big pond to explore. Obviously, we set waypoints.

Once the tournament started, you can't fish, net, cull, etc...only advise them when you call a timeout, six allowed maybe. Anyway, they stop fishing and you can advise on techniques, baits, etc. We had our run set up and I let them choose when they wanted to stay and go. It is done right, and a lot of fun. I recommend being a boat captain if you get the chance.

Can't help, but good luck to you..... have fun

17. Member
    Looks like the tournament days are only 22-24 (Thurs-Sat). Only Saturday if qualified for that last day. You will do better asking someone strictly for the tournament days only and figure the fish out as you go. If you're able to get a contact for those days, then work backwards to try to find someone to take you out the practice days. It's a big ask having someone dedicated 6 days to a stranger. Also, not even sure you can practice on the 19th. It states 20-24. Might want to check the rules.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

If I had the time off, I'd come down and help... Good luck!

19. Member
    I'm honestly not sure I'm pretty sure it has to be the same boat though thank you!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Only if he shows you during practice at least that's what I would agree to I don't want someone just putting us on fish I think that's unfair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast