Thread: Help please

Help please

I have a GEN 3 at the console and and a GEN 2 at the trolling motor, they are both 9's. I am having excess stuff on my down imaging on my GEN 3 when I'm trolling or idling, it is like extra lines that I know are not trees, bait, or fish, I am wondering if this is because I am not running the totalscan transducer with it, I am running the regular sonar with LSS-2? Can someone please help me with this,

Thanks,
    Dillon Taylor

Screenshots?

I am not running a total scan transducer with my units and don't have what you are describing.
    Sounds like electrical interference maybe...or cross talk from one sonar to the other.
    2020 Nitro Z20 - 250 hp Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    HDS Live 12 @ bow x 2 with Active Target
    HDS Live 12 @ console

3. Member
    I will try to get them on here, I just see others peoples screenshots and they are just so much more clear then what I see.
    Dillon Taylor

4. Member
    I have also noticed that my LSS-2 Skimmer, is not tight on the hull as sometimes when I am in big waves when I pull the boat up its not horizontal, could that be it?
    Dillon Taylor

If the LSS2 transducer bracket hinge is not tight, then that could definitely cause you some issues. The transducer needs to be level while at idle speeds. It should not move from just rough water, only contact from something like a rock or stump.
    2020 Nitro Z20 - 250 hp Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    HDS Live 12 @ bow x 2 with Active Target
    HDS Live 12 @ console

6. Member
    perfect, I am thinking that is what it is then, I appreciate your help, I have a totalscan transducer just laying around should I put that on for clear picture as well?
    Dillon Taylor

7. Member
    I personally prefer the LSS2 with the seperate 2d transducer for the transom mount. If you use the Totalscan transducer on the transom you will have to mount it down low like the 2d transducer where it's more likely to be damaged.