Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't know why my phone won't post pics. Guess it keeps me out of trouble lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    Well mine did not make the 100 mph club but i did hit the 95 mph club thanks to Geoffs magic wheel. Not that is done i need to empty all my gear and remove the troller and see if there is anything more let in this 250! Can't get my phone to post the pic of my Lowrance!
    great running for a fishing load with a 250..

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Conditions were too good to pass up this morning. In fact, the last 3 days have been almost wind free. With the last two days being a holiday I didn't dare try. I went out for a few quick passes before work today.

I ended with 100.5. The boat took an awesome set this morning and I made many passes at 98/99 until I found the right trim and weight distribution. Over the last few weeks I felt like I had to dash up to 98 and see how long I could keep in it. Today was the opposite. I ran the boat for a good while at 98/99. The found the magic trim number turned the boat around and hammered down.

A big thanks to Jay for teaching me how to drive and working out the bugs with me. Also to Chris for getting me on some good wheels.

Boat was fully loaded and 1/2 tank of gas. Water pressure over 25. RPM approx 5900. Water temp 80 and air temp was 80. Boat had 204lbs of gear (not including batteries, gas, oil, driver, seats, charger).

Looking forward to fishing again...... LOL I have spent way too many perfect mornings racing the boat up and down the lake burning gas.

I didn't do an idle to top speed pass on my 100.5 pass. On my last few runs I was turning at 60 and making runs. I did start the morning with one pass that ended in 98.6. Below was that run. It took 49 seconds to hit 98.6 and 4,440'.

Could you share with guys, you thoughts on the weight distribution?????

I was 16lbs heavier on the port. Like most on here I'm meticulous about weight. I use a spread sheet to keep track of it all.
    Last edited by River Rocket; 06-11-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Where do you go on the lowrance to record your top speed? What settings do you have to be in?

6. Member
    It automatically records it. You just have to find it.

Edit overlay data or switch to the engine view. I have gen 3's
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    It automatically records it. You just have to find it.
    Funny story--
    When I first got this Allison I put a 225 P-max on that had been on my 2003.
    A friend of mine wanted to know (how fast) -- I replied with this prop - 85ish.
    He then proceeded to pull the recall out of my GPS which verified it.. Being a typical fireman-- first chance I turned on the GPS and hit the hiway with boat in tow.. Ran it up until the pickup hit the 98 MPH shut down.. Next I saw him -- bragged about how fast this new prop was.. Sure enough he pulled up the recall .. I never did come clean..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Hagins View Post
    Where do you go on the lowrance to record your top speed? What settings do you have to be in?
    What about Humminbird Solix?

10. Member
    That video doesn't show how to recall your top speed.
    You can always pull up current top speed (highest speed since the graph was turned on that day) and there's always max speed saved. And, as Mike mentioned, turn it off before you tow or it records over ground as well.

I took some photos and will send them to you in a text.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123