Thread: Poles/ talon ?

Poles/ talon ?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on eather poles or talons. I have a 2001 tr-21
    My mane consern with poles is the pumps. I run a 36 volt trolling motor, so I have 4 battery's big Minn Kota charger and a trickle charger. It's tite now and I'm unsure the pumps will fit. If you have dual poles and a 36 volt trolling motor could you post pics of your bilge locker.
    My consern with talons is really just lack of exsposure to them. I've never been in a boat that has talons. I've heard the gen 1 units work and the ones I've been around were loud. Are the new one noisy? With the talons being heavier is there a major boat ProFormance loss over the poles. And the talons get pricy with all the brackets you need.
    thanks in advance for the imput.
    2001 tr-21 triton 225 Yamaha xo66

2. Member
    I like talons the best. I've had both and running poles now due to the weight of talons. The noise level of the talons and poles are about the same. If your hole shot isn't an issue I would due talons. Just my .02 I'm a big guy and fishing partner is a big guy also so weight reduction was the reason I switched to poles.

3. Member
    I really like my Talons. I went that way because it was easy to do the install myself. I think if you go with a board sponsor you'll find the pricing to be good on either one.

4. Banned
    I've had them both, just took the poles off and went to talons and glad I did.

5. Member
    Do talons work with lowrance units the way poles do
    2001 tr-21 triton 225 Yamaha xo66

6. Member
    You will lose around 2-3 MPH.