HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N questions

I’m thinking about buying the HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N and looking for some direction ...

My current set-up is as follows:

1) Bow mounted 959CI HD with a XTM 9 20 T transducer. I use this one exclusively for 2D sonar readings.

2) Bow mounted 999CI HD SI. I use this one primarily as a GPS screen, but sometimes will check a side image, down image or 2D image from the through hull transducer at rear of boat.

3) Console mounted Gen1 Helix 10 SI unit which I mostly split screen for 2D and GPS, but sometimes use for side imaging. Reading from through hull transducer at rear of boat, or from shoot through transducer when underway.

All units are connected and communicating nicely through an ethernet hub.
    I’m considering replacing the 959 CI HD with the HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N. The same unit without the DI is $50 less, but for $50 it is worth it to me to take the DI feature. I never make it through an entire season without nicking the transducer cable and having to replace it, and the 2D cables are 2-3 times less expensive than the DI cables, so not sure how much I will use the DI feature.
    Here are my questions:

1. Is the XTM 9 20 T transducer compatible with the HELIX 7 CHIRP DI GPS G2N for fully functional 2D imaging?
    2. I know the Helix models have brighter screens than my 900 model, but will the chirp function actually improve the imaging relative to the 900 model? If the only benefit is the brighter screen, then I can live with my 900 model.
    3. Will all the units continue to communicate with each other nicely?
    4. Will the Helix 7 communicate with an Ultrex trolling motor if I upgrade my motor? I think it will, just looking for confirmation.

Thanks for your input!

1. Yes, but you must turn off DI by selecting HB 83/200 kHz. The XTM 9 20 T is a 2D transducer and does not have a DI crystal. Makes no sense to get a DI unit and only use 2D sonar. The Helix 7 CHIRP GPS G2N would be the logical choice.
    The Ultrex comes with the US2 transducer so that would replace the XTM 9 20 T.

2. CHIRP 2D is not remarkably better using a Humminbird transducer. CHIRP Imaging will give a little more range.

3. Yes, all will communicate via Ethernet

4. All units would be somewhat compatible with the Ultrex, but I think only the two Helix units would be fully compatible with current software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne. That was exactly the information I was looking for ... I think I will stick with my 900 series unit. It is working well, and I am able to pickup fish images reliably.

4. Member
    Software version 7.79 added capability with the new Bluetooth TMs for the xxx9 models.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow