Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    As to "flush the bearings" is this soaking the stock bearings in acetone? Do the shields need to be removed from the stock bearings to perform this task?

Quote Originally Posted by 716AP2 View Post
    As to "flush the bearings" is this soaking the stock bearings in acetone? Do the shields need to be removed from the stock bearings to perform this task?
    the shields do not come off the current shimano bearings..drop the spool bearings in cup with 91% isopropyl alcohol , swish them around for a while , spin them , repeat and let air dry. relube with one drop of shimano oil or rem oil.

3. Member
    I have gone to using CRC Electric Cleaner. I place the bearings in a small food strainer my wife gave me, insert the red tube in the spray nozzle, step outside and hose them down. This stuff is an amazing grease/oil cutter, leaves no residue and dries immediately. I do rinse a couple of minutes in lighter fluid, blow out with a keyboard blower, then oil. The process is done in minutes.

4. TDR2
    Quote Originally Posted by bman1304 View Post
    I replaced my handle on one of my 70XG's with a chronarch MGL handle. The knobs are bigger and the handle itself is bigger. Awesome upgrade. Got it from Tackle Trap. Will probably do my other ones soon.
    I'm guessing you didn't need to replace handle bearings with this upgrade??

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdr2 View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't need to replace handle bearings with this upgrade??
    No it comes as one complete unit. Just unscrew the handle nut, replace the handle, then put the handle nut and cover back on and your ready to go.

6. Member
    I ALWAYS clean a new reel before use. Just did a Curado 200I last night and glad I did. The bearings were packed with grease just like the other new Curado's I've had. Clean thoroughly and a small drop of yellow rocket fuel makes a night and day difference IMO.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12