Nose Cone Damage

So I guess a quarter size hole in the nose cone from where I hit a log is bad? Know it was a log as there was a bunch of wood inside the lower unit that I pulled out. Never saw it, just the thunk. Boat ran another 15 miles or so back to the ramp without a problem, didn't even slow down.

So is this an easy, inexpensive repair of a weld or slid on a new nose cone or an entire lower unit replacement?

Tell us about what kind of lower unit you have. Can you see inside where the oul goes or just a water passage?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Merc ProXS 250, not sure your question. Hole is right at the point of the nose cone, so can see in there.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    IMO, it needs to be pulled and inspected, sounds like it took a pretty good lick and a band-aid fix might leave you wishing you hadn't ask.....

5. Member
    You have some low water pick up holes in your nose cone. If you are lucky it's just one of those and wood is jammed in it looking like a crash. I would do as stated above take it to a shop and have it inspected!

6. Banned
    definitely have it looked at

7. Member
    So when I got home home yesterday told wife to come outside. She said, "Either you caught a huge snakehead or broke something." Told here, "We ain't having' no fish."

Going to the shop tomorrow AM. Not sure one big low water pickup is a good thing. Thanks, not my first time hitting something.

8. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Insurance claim.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

9. Banned
    Did you clean out the thermostats yet???... Probably busted out the "Cross" and have one big water intake... Must have been one heck of a hit to knock it out... Good luck... Dan