ranger rt 188 power loss

any help would be appreciated. the other night I lost all power to electronics and to the console. i still have main power to the motor and jack plate only
    it could have happened as i was putting in nav lights at dark. I've pulled the battery check all the fuses I can find. fuse panel by steering wheel looks good. at least all fuses look good. I'm left scratching my head??

2. Member
    You may have a resettable fuse/cut off switch in the bilge near the battery,check that.

3. Member
    Ill have to locate that. but its definitely something i haven't looked for before. i did buy new breaker switches also. is it on the actual bilge motor?

4. Member
    PM sent

5. Member
    Ill have to locate that. but its definitely something i haven't looked for before. i did buy new breaker switches also. is it on the actual bilge motor?

6. Member
    hey guys honstley thanks for the help

There is a breaker on the starboard wall of the bilge. It is an on/off switch but also a breaker. There is also a wiring diagram under the lid of the rear starboard locker. You should have the black main breaker on the left in this picture. I added the red one on the right to cut off power to the motor when I was having a problem with the trim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

8. Member
    thank you Bill. the main breaker on the starboard side I replaced a few days ago with a new one exact match from Carling tech. i was hoping it was the problem. since it makes sense to me that it controls everything I'm having issues with. Ive check its getting power out of the switch/breaker with a circuit tester which does light up headed to and under the starboard side wall. I assume it heads to the fuse panel next to the drivers seat. But from there i kinda get lost?

I am becoming suspecious that you may have a problem in the ground side of the circuit. A way to check is to put the negative side of the meter or test light on the neg battery post and the positive side on a positive terminal under the console. Refer to the wiring diagram under the storage compartment lid to find a good positive location. If you have power this way, there is a break in the negative part of the circuit. I have a test light with a 10 foot cord that I use for this troubleshooting.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

10. Member
    I am having this same problem in my RT 188. I’ve tried the main breaker and that’s not it. Are you guys saying there’s also a fuse on that breaker?

11. Member
    I've seen post were people had loose wires going into the back of the fuse block next to the drivers seat.

12. Member
    Pull the fuse box. There’s a wire coming from it. Most likely the nut is loose.