Lake Anna boaters

Loved fishing Lake Anna. Lots of bass and a few big ones. I do have one observation. I've now been bass fishing in California, Nevada, Arkansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Maryland, Texas, Iowa, and now Virginia. Virginia (Lake Anna), by a far and wide margin has the worst boat operators I have ever seen. Hands down. I almost got hit by another bass boat while I was on the trolling motor he came around a blind corner on plane and literally came within 24" of my outboard. Wake boarders and water skiers within 15-20' while on plane and I was fishing. Never seen so much stupidity. Where is the sheriff or DNR when they are needed. Someone is going to get killed. But I did have a good time fishing, and I'm alive.

2. Member
    Can't be any worse than driving Rt 5 or Rt 235.

3. Member
    Insanity is what it is.

I think it's bad on most lakes. People don't care anymore, we are in their way. It does bother me when another bass boat does it you would think another fisherman would understand
    89 Ranger 360v/05 Optimax 200

5. Member
    That was pretty shocking to me with another fisherman acting like a fool. People really don't care I guess. There was kids in kyaks, people paddle boarding and boaters acting like they didn't exist. Real fun until you have bodies in the water. Just unacceptable.

6. Member
    Deaths at Anna, it seems every year.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

7. Member
    People are clueless. Had my girlfriend out fun fishing on a weekend and was running back to the ramp in the afternoon. Wanted to get back so was running about 60-62 just cruising in open lake when some guy pulls up next to me like he wants to race. He rode about 8 foot off my boat before I slowed down to let him pass. He then slows as well acting as egging me on to race him. People have absolutely no respect for others or the boats they run anymore.

9. Member
    Link isn't opening.

A wake boater made a wrong turn today near Christopher Run..

Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    Link isn't opening.

Wow 24''? If it was me and another boat came within 2 feet of me on plain I would run them down and let my temper take over........
    Greg Haberkorn (Habby)
    2018 Ranger Z521L
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS - 2B738680

12. Member
    Yea, I had a buddy and his kid in the boat. I really wish I was at an angle where I could've bounced my 3/4oz football jig off of his console. Just a *****. Why someone would drive like that is beyond me

13. Member
    I am pretty sure I know what bridge you are talking about. Kentucky Springs road, near the top of pond #2 on the hotside. People fly through there all the time. They should make it a no wake zone. It is not very wide to begin with.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

14. Member
    Kentucky Springs Road is correct. I was fishing the rocks in the channel going from pond 2 into pond 3. I was also pretty close to the bank as well. Oh and to toss it out there, they were in a red dual console Skeeter with a SHO on the back, two black power poles and wearing neck gators with skulls on them. Just in case anyone knows them. Why are there no cops on that side of the lake anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by KramerSP View Post
    Kentucky Springs Road is correct. I was fishing the rocks in the channel going from pond 2 into pond 3. I was also pretty close to the bank as well. Oh and to toss it out there, they were in a red dual console Skeeter with a SHO on the back, two black power poles and wearing neck gators with skulls on them. Just in case anyone knows them. Why are there no cops on that side of the lake anyway?
    That side does get patrolled. I've been checked over there more than the "cold side"