Protecting the Bird

What's everyone's advice on maintaining your boats gel coat and finish? What products do you use and how often? I want my new 919 to stay looking that way for years to come and just wondering what everyone does. Thanks in advance.

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Leave it in garage covered

If your looking to try protec i have a kit i will sell you. Im not that impressed with. Ive tried a few different brands. I use meguiars wash and wax. I wipe down with bbs. I now ventured in to griot garage supplies about $500 worth detail products including there buffer ill say it was worth it. Time consuming but my boat stays spotless i enjoy cleaning it i even done my hull. It looks better than it did they day i bought it. They did a shitty job on my boat must have been built on a friday ��.
    Phoenix 919 pro xp

Opinions go back & forth on here between Slick Mist and BBS. I love Slick Mist, I spray and wipe down the boat before leaving the launch. Works great. I put on a good wax a few times during the season ( whatever name brand my son has in the garage )....my 2013 shines like it is brand new. And as stated above, if you are able to store it inside the garage, keep it covered. I bought a very light cover off e-bay just to throw on when it's inside for around $40.

6. Member
    I use protec once or twice a year and 303 for wipe downs. Works great for me.

7. Member
    Bass Boat Saver
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

8. Member
    Ill be the oddball in the group. I use 303 UV protectant. I just sold my 2002 Triton beforei bought my bird and it lookedjust like it rolled off theshowroom floor. My birds gel was pretty dull. I sanded and buffed it and have been using 303 since and it looks perfect. After you use it just be careful when you step to the back of the boat to pee, it keeps the gel slick
    They aint got hands, set the hook

9. Member
    I have an 07 BCB use a variety of products. I fish some nasty places mostly tidal waters with dirt roads leading to the ramps on many occasions: This is what I use to keep mine looking as good as possible.

At the Ramp: Generally I just use an Absorber brand drying towel and a little slick mist if needed. Then wipe down better after I get home.
    Washing: Duragloss Car Soap,Awesome & Mean Green & Tuff Stuff for seats if they get dirty. On and Off at end of season for any river stubborn river stains

Between and after washes
    :Bass Boat Saver (mostly), Lucas Slick Mist (Does a little better with grime but not as slick as BBS)

Waxes/ Polishes:
    Protec polish and sealer once a year, 303 for seats, Lucas Metal Polish for aluminum wheels

Carpet:
    I wet with the water hose, spot treat with Tuff Stuff or carpet spot treatment, Spray with white vinegar, little dish soap, and water solution in garden sprayer, scrub, then hose again and will use a small electric power washer to clean. Then while still damp I will brush against the grain to stand the carpet back up nicely.

10. Member
    All good products recomended so far IMO. I've used almost all of the mentioned over the years and mid-last year someone turned me on to the below. No doubt it's the best I've used!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiars-...&wl13=&veh=sem

11. Member
    I prefer boat bling hot sauce after a day on the water. The water in az leaves tough water spots and I have not found a better product.

12. Member
    Gel-gloss home depot or lowes. Tried them all, thank me later.
    2016 Phoenix 921 Mercury 250 pro xs
    SHIPP'S Marine Gladewater, TX
    Mercury, Power Pole
    Kistler Rods, Brannan's Bass Sop