Smartcraft gauge reading with optional remote oil tank sensor?

Have one of these. Reads 2.8 or 2.9 gallons when full. Use for one trip and it reads 1.9 or 2.0 gallons on gauge but has used barely any oil when looking at level in tank. Have checked float and made sure it was aligned with handle on tank. Anybody else have this problem. It is an ecosmart gauge. Maybe i have a bad sending unit?

Mine does same thing but when it's sitting still in the garage not sloshing around on the water, it will go back up relatively close to what I'm seeing in the tank. Could be the way our boats sit at an angle in the water too.

The way the remote tank and hose is engineered (Don said it causes something bad to happen), it keeps you from filling it all the way up. Probably why we're getting 2.8-2.9 gallons, but then again mine was full once and it showed .5 gallons on sc1000 gauge with the alarm indicator "bell" flashing on screen, later that day it started reading decent again.

Hopefully someone will chime in but I think it is what it is. I would really like it to work as I'm one of the guys that doesn't haul around extra oil in my boat, in my truck but not the boat.
    /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.htc.sense.browser/files/TMP

3. Member
    Check all the wiring and connectors.

4. Member
    Connections are all good. I have renoved the sending unit from the tank and verified it will read 3.0 gal on the gauge when you manually move the sending unit by hand. It takes a while for the gauge to climb to that number though. Probably 10-15 minutes. I guess its made this way so not to give false readings while sloshing around on the water. Still dosent explain the fact thay it reads near full at 2.8-2.9 gallons and use barely any oil at all and it reads 1.9-2.0 gallons. With no more accuracy than that its not worth having.

5. Member
    Mine does exact same thing...........