Helix 10 Mega SI issue

I'm getting this pixel distortion on my Mega when running SI doesn't matter what frequency of SI I run. It only shows up in the SI only screen when I run SI split with navigation it goes away. It doesn't always happen either. A lot of times when I first get on the water there's no problem but after a few hours flipping through screens its starts. I'm trying to get pics to upload from my phone but I'm having problems.
    Last edited by crappie_hunter15; 05-30-2017 at 10:57 AM.

2. Member
    Trying to get pictures up
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Ok couple more images

4. Member
    One more picture

5. Member
    I was back out on the water checking stuff over the weekend and again when I first got on the water the images were great then after an hour or 2 it started happening on the SI only screen. By the end of the day I was seeing it a little on the SI split with Navigation. Also whenever it starts to happen my 2D sonar image gets terrible looking. I've sent these pictures off to Humminbird and I'm waiting for a response. One more thing I have it linked to a Helix 10 G2N sonar and it shows the image just fine when sharing the image over Ethernet.

6. Member
    I would check voltage on the unit when it starts giving you problems.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryg View Post
    I would check voltage on the unit when it starts giving you problems.
    Good point I didn't think about that. My other units always worked fine. I could have a voltage regulator or rectifier out causing the issue.

Thanks,
    Justin

Are you talking about the distortion in the white line behind the boat icon that runs down the center of the SI screen, or is the issue more than that?

9. Member
    If that is the distortion you are referring to it is RFI from something. May turn up your filter or start looking at past threads concerning "Radio Frequency interference". Your case is minor compared to most.