Ultrex pedal sensitivity

Maybe this has been discussed already but is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the pedal steering? I love the Ultrex so far but sometimes it's just a little touchy. Would tightening the cable tension screw accomplish this?
    Humminbird 999SI(con) & 899SI(bow) interlinked
    Ultrex 80
    10' Talon, Hydrowave, Mercmonitor, Bluewater LEDs, Motormate

I tried tightening that screw and I felt that it made the twitchy worse. All it seemed to do was make the break over point take a little more force to start the turn so I backed the tension back to how it shipped.

I've got roughly 70ish days with an Ultrex now and I find that I'm so used the pedal now that most of the time my turns are slow and controlled enough that I can just barely hear the steering assist.

3. Member
    I wondered the same thing. I am getting more used to it now. Guessing standing on the pedal in big waves may be an issue, but at that point i hope to be using spotlock or autopilot so i dont have to stand on the pedal

4. Banned
    from my understanding the cable tension adjustment is to remove slack from the cables...not to change pedal sensitivity. personally i think a sensitivity setting would be a good addition

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    from my understanding the cable tension adjustment is to remove slack from the cables...not to change pedal sensitivity. personally i think a sensitivity setting would be a good addition

6. Member
    You will get used to it. Its pretty awesome

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Yes, be carefull how much you tighten down that tension screw or like mentioned you'll snap a cable. It's only purpose is to snug the cables so there's no slop which you can see when the small cover is off the cable drum.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P