2003 225 Optimax shutting down under load

I have a 2003 225 Opti that is shutting down under load at about 3000 rpm's. Motor seems to run fine below 3000 rpm's. While trying to get on plane (break over about 3000 rpm's) my motor will shut down just like somebody hits the kill switch. It will start back up immediately. It will repeat this all day. The motor doesn't seem to spit or sputter just shut down. I have noticed my voltmeter begin to fluctuate just prior to shutdown. Just prior to shutting down I can back off on the throttle (below 3000 rpm's) and the motor will continue you to run. I can run all day below 3000 rpm's. A lot of people talk about it going into safe made? I thought safe mode would limit RPM's not shut off the motor. I have a newer (less than a year old) starting battery 1000 mca AGM. I have been thinking electrical all spring, but at this point I'm at the end of my rope. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I would check the shift position switch first.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I would check the shift position switch first.
    Is it located in the motor or the shift handle? I see a small micro switch on the shift linkage in the motor?

Hey Gary, I was the guy talking to you on facebook. Savage and Don will get you fixed up. Welcome to BBC, and when you get time, post your serial number. That will help the guys diagnose your problem.

Charlie
    /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.htc.sense.browser/files/TMP

5. Member
    thanks for help so far.

6. Member
    Serial #OT589246

7. Member
    Shift position switch is on the motor.