Bad new transducer??

Installed bow mount 360 transducer to 1198 (not linked to 1199 in rear yet) and messed with for hours and ONLY thing I could identify was the shoreline. I've had SI for a few years so am familiar with all the tweaking to get best display but to no avail (and to my disappointment SI seems to be disabled when running 360 transducer). Turned off rear sonar so as not to interfere, trolling motor on/off doesn't affect, power poled down with visible submerged wood around and nothing. Any ideas before I remove and go back to SI? Oh, did all the latest updates also.
    Half the fun is getting theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!

2. Member
    To see if you have a bad transducer you can switch the SI source on your bow unit and use the 360 for SI. Then you will be able to tell if you have something going on with the 360. It does not use the hdsi like the 1199 in the rear does so the SI will not be as clear as the 1199, it would be similar SI as an 8XX unit with the standard SI transducer.

3. Member
    Thanks for quick response. I'm going to assume if the SI image quality is better on the 1199 than the 1198 the 360 imaging should be also. I ordered yet another adapter cable to move the 1199 up front (already had to order a cable with two female ends to adapt the 360 to the 1198) since it doesn't have the round plug for transducer off of the 360. Will have to wait until arrives to do further testing. I will assuredly post results. Will say this, if the images or lack thereof I was getting with the 1198 is the norm, I would advise anyone to save their money and spend on tackle.
    Last edited by BASSNAM2PM; 05-27-2017 at 01:54 PM.

The sonar and 360 performance of the 1198 and 1199 is the same with the same transducer and same display size and quality. The 1199 has a faster processor--that's it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Ya thinking I have other issues but want to try everything I can to give it a chance before removing.

6. Member
    The 1199 HD is a little better than the 1198 but still nothing compared to the SI. In my opinion money wasted. Feel sorry for the poor bastards that went out and bought graphs capable of 360 for that reason. At least I had enough Cabela points to pay for half the mistake.

7. Member
    When I was referring to the image quality compared to SI, the image will not be as good because the type of transducer the 360 uses compared to the 1199 and 1198.
    1199 and 1198 us an hdsi transducer for SI, the 360 uses a transducer that is not as good as the hdsi. If you use the 360 as your SI source on your unit compared to the hdsi transducer that came with the unit the image will not be quiet as crisp. Using the 360 as your si source would maybe help you find out if one side is out of whack. Scroll through the 360 imaging thread and compare your images to what is posted in that thread.
    Sorry you are not having the expected results, I really like mine and use it to target submerged timber/objects not visible above the water. I will scan with SI for something and then use 360 to find it again and stay right where I want.
    Hope you get it dialed in, it can be a very effective tool.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....creen+captures