Thread: Pennzoil sale

Pennzoil sale

Academy has pennzoil semi xlf gallons on sale for 14.99 free shipping.. just passing it along.

Oreilly Auto is clearing it out for $3.47 a gallon. Yes, a GALLON, not quart.
    http://www.minnbass.com

“A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”

3. Member
    OMG!!!

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_S View Post
    Oreilly Auto is clearing it out for $3.47 a gallon. Yes, a GALLON, not quart.
    They know what it's worth.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    They know what it's worth.
    Lol

6. Member
    Not a fan Lee? What do you recommend?

7. Member
    I can't find that online

Jay Smith did and still does build a LOT of motors.. I talked with him several times when getting some machine work done.
    He was a staunch supporter of using Pennzoil Synthetic. But that was in motors that were turning a lot more RPM's .and were torn down on a regular basis..
    I used it for years with no issues. Come to think of it--I've blown my share of motors but none were oil related....
    However I have ran nothing but Merc Premium plus in these last two 300XS motors.
    Good or bad I believe Merc puts the additives in that the feel is warranted for longer life..

9. Member
    Since I have a steel sleeve motor and not nic sleeves I was told snythetic blend pennzoil was the way to go! I've had 2 issues one was running klotz a little lean. Thousands of dollars later and my motor is running incredibley FINALLY!! If anyone specially Lee recommends a different oil I will make he switch, as I can't handle another failure especially if it's due to the oil I'm running.

10. Member
    Lee recommended Mercury Premium Plus only for my 2004 250xs
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 06-04-2017 at 12:04 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Promax5184 View Post
    Since I have a steel sleeve motor and not nic sleeves I was told snythetic blend pennzoil was the way to go! I've had 2 issues one was running klotz a little lean. Thousands of dollars later and my motor is running incredibley FINALLY!! If anyone specially Lee recommends a different oil I will make he switch, as I can't handle another failure especially if it's due to the oil I'm running.
    What was your issue with klotz?

Xb2003 - 300xs
    100+ mph club

12. Member
    I was mixing a little to light, nothing more than my fault. I only switched to pennzoil because of a couple highly regarded merc mechanics. Lee was not 1 of them though.

13. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Jay Smith did and still does build a LOT of motors.. I talked with him several times when getting some machine work done.
    He was a staunch supporter of using Pennzoil Synthetic. But that was in motors that were turning a lot more RPM's .and were torn down on a regular basis..
    I used it for years with no issues. Come to think of it--I've blown my share of motors but none were oil related....
    However I have ran nothing but Merc Premium plus in these last two 300XS motors.
    Good or bad I believe Merc puts the additives in that the feel is warranted for longer life..
    I agree with the last two sentences other than Optimax or DFI oil is a great choice also.
    There has been so many discussions on oil on different forums, I'm not going there.
    I will say that I'm a strong believer in staying with which ever manufacture your engine is as far as oil is concerned in regular consumer engines. They are the ones that stand behind the warranty and are much more likely not to cut corners.
    2-troke oil only has to pass the BIA Certification one time to be called Premium Plus or what ever, cheaper oils are cutting corners some where in my opinion.
    As far as race engines, Klotz is all I use personally, never have had a failure due to oil issues.

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Lee recommended Premium Plus only for my 2004 250xs
    You forgot "Mercury Premium Plus".

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    You forgot "Mercury Premium Plus".
    Oops... Sorry lol. Fixed it.