Meaning of Turbidity Values?

I have the good/bad parameters of buoy water condition values Mike posted on here months ago (salinity, DO and chlorophyll), but nothing on turbidity data. What are good/bad parameters of buoy turbidity values? Anyone?

In short...higher the value, dirtier the water.

3. Member
    Oh I figured that but was wondering what value equates to somewhat dirty, dirty and really dirty. I will try the buoy folks.

I can't extract the picture in the pdf but here is the link to give you a rough idea. Pg 3... http://www.virginia.edu/blandy/bland..._Myre_Shaw.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by HalBrown View Post
    Oh I figured that but was wondering what value equates to somewhat dirty, dirty and really dirty. I will try the buoy folks.

5. Member
    Of all the sites I searched, did not find this one. My luck is every time I decide to hit the Potomac the turbidity is the1500 jar. LOL I did shoot an email to the buoy office, so we'll see how they respond, but his site is pretty informative. At least they show where to start. Thanks much.

6. mikesxpress
    Reason I did not comment on turbidity in previous posts on buoy data is it doesn't mean squat on tidal water rivers. The sample is taken at the base of the buoy during various stages of tides. It does not accurately represent the river in that area so I don't consider it.

7. Member
    Thanks Mike. Always informative. Must be the engineer genes.