Low water at boat ramps

There ought to be some comical launching at the boat ramps this weekend with the low water. Be safe..

2. Member
    With a long weekend upon us it will be comical at the boat ramp this weekend.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

3. Member
    Last weekend I drove to see how Lake Tarpon' s ramp was and it seemed only to be down about 1'. I am avoiding all the crazies and waiting till Tuesday to put my in.

Looks like a honey do weekend for this guy.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

4. Member
    My buddy at the lake is pissed. His lift cables aren't long enough, his bass boat can't be deployed.
    Worst of all, he didn't notice there would be an issue until too late. It's staying until the water rises.
    And had he noticed, I have an empty lift he looks at from his deck/dock that he could have used.

It's SUPER low out there, be very careful, go very slow, be very sober.

Let the Stupids have their fun

6. Member
    Got mine off the lift and onto the trailer a few weeks ago or I'd be in the same situation. Come on Rain!

DROUGHT Update: May 31...Putman County area.
    in 2017 our yard rain gauge measured under 5 inches...that is in 5 months! = desert...

We are 300 yards from Lake Crescent and 19 miles S of the Palatka City docks...being retired I fish 3x
    a week and many dock owners have told me "the river has never been lower in their time"...

I do know my shallow topwater plastics bite is awful despite running 8-10 spots before 10am...
    May 3rd I had a 5.42 and a 7.58 but NO other day had a bass over 17 inches...and most mornings it was all
    I could do to catch 3-5 bass.

Today was standard...40% chance and not a drop..sun and breeze...94 or so...
    50-60% days soon...many south of here are having launch issues...

a few areas got serious rain last week but it was no where near widespread and we were told last month NE Florida is at least a foot behind in rainfall...

On the other hand some states are setting lake level records, Lake Ontario is at a 100 year high...
    Texas & Louisiana getting many showers...a buddy in Michigan says too much rain...

When it finally starts it will be 5x a week like summer 2015...the ditches around our area are bone dry
    and the "cattle ponds" which had a foot+ in them are also bone dry...one top rod here told me he could not
    even get to the spot he did so well last fall in Lake Crescent.

The water temps are surging into the 82-85 range which drives out oxygen and bass stay there a lot less
    because of so many bluebird days....

the only way now is UP as far as rainfall...and water levels...so find the deeper grass and drops etc...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Speaking for Crescent City area our range gauge had exactly 2.5 inches of rain since April 1st...
    I competed in a small T yesterday out of Palatka Docks and ran south...was shocked to see river
    had not risen much at all...maybe an inch...the heat and hot breezes plus the 2017 drought have
    sucked the rain out of the river and areas near...

we were "at least" a foot behind they said way back about March 1...
    the good news is the short afternoon shower cycle SEEMS to have set it...

tomorrow I go to Rodman (pre-fish-learn for 15th T) and expect it to be a foot low also...
    the deal is so many bass in the state are caught in under 4 feet of water
    so losing a foot or more makes the remaining water heat up more/faster in the morning (thinner shallows)...
    shallows here jumped from 72 to 84 recently and probably will just rise with summer heat

those with a LOT of experience know the deeper holes/good edges but "rookies" like me are
    pounded by the drought until we get more experience...life as it is...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers