Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

any screen shots of bass on ledges at ky lake

anyone have any pictures of bass on ledges

2. Member
    Like to see that too, but it's rare on here.

3. Member
    Or pics of bass on ledges at any lake?

4. Member
    Would love to see some pics of a school on a ledge, with a snapshot of the map beside of it. Just to get a better understanding of where and how those fish set up out there.

5. Member
    there are some on wired to fish website
    Matt I
    2006 Triton 20xhp 225 Merc Pro XS
    Solix 15 G1, Solix 12 G2, Helix 12 gen4 12 gen3 , Ultrex 112, Mega 360, Mega Live

6. Member
    I will try to get some Saturday if I can find any. Fish have been going back and forth between shallow and deep with the rains keeping the water cool.

7. Member
    Really, I'd like help on what general settings for 1199

8. Member
    With an 1199 u will just about only be able to see the fish on side imaging since the down imaging on those units is just about worthless. Anyway put your range to about 50' each side. Running 800 kHz. Increase screen speed to say 5 or 6 if u are idling around 3 mph. Turning up contrast some will make the shadows that the fish create stand out more. Go down in range if u are fairly shallow say 15' or less.
    Matt I
    2006 Triton 20xhp 225 Merc Pro XS
    Solix 15 G1, Solix 12 G2, Helix 12 gen4 12 gen3 , Ultrex 112, Mega 360, Mega Live

9. Member
    You can see just fine on 1998 or 1199 in the water column on side imaging. I agree down imaging is worthless on them but you can see them fine on the bottom of water column using 455 on side imaging. I use to run mine on 11 sen.,11 con., scroll speed 4, and sharpness low. Scan 80ft out and you can still see a school of bass on ky lake.

10. Member
    There's some screens shots of bass on ledges at Kentucky lake but it's on the lowrance image interpretation

Guys, I am a long time HB guy! Running 10" gen 2 mega units and struggling to locate fish on the KY Lake ledges. I get great images of structure just wonderful pictures but!! I won another brand unit installed it and picture attached is the first time in use! Caught 21 lb from this school last Friday at KY Lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eddie Proctor

12. Member
    That's why I have Humminbird and lowrance. My -98 graphs had very poor DI and sonar. I rarely ever see recognizable bass on Humminbird screenshots. Keep checking this thread to see if someone actually has some.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaspot View Post
    That's why I have Humminbird and lowrance. My -98 graphs had very poor DI and sonar. I rarely ever see recognizable bass on Humminbird screenshots. Keep checking this thread to see if someone actually has some.
    Yep! I could find fish better on my old 997 than anything after! I can find fish with the HB on 2d and SI at 800 khz but DI not so much! This weekend when I find a school I will try to get screen shot on HB.
    Eddie Proctor

14. Member

First time posting picture so sorry if it doesn't work.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post

First time posting picture so sorry if it doesn't work.
    What unit is that? Is that DI?
    Nice!

16. Member
    Solix 15 on 455khz. Went over same school with mega and couldn't see anything, hoping I just have a bad mega transducer or something, humminbird is supposed to send me new one though so we will see. Looks clearer on my onix because my onix doesn't have that fuzzy line at the bottom that the solix has.

17. Member
    Im also having a hard time seeing fish with mega... Structure is awesome... But can certainly see fish easier on 455 side imaging and down imaging.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieproctor View Post
    Guys, I am a long time HB guy! Running 10" gen 2 mega units and struggling to locate fish on the KY Lake ledges. I get great images of structure just wonderful pictures but!! I won another brand unit installed it and picture attached is the first time in use! Caught 21 lb from this school last Friday at KY Lake.
    Eddie -- Were you using the MEGA high frequency mode on your Helix when having trouble seeing the fish ?

I've beginning to wonder if MEGA is practical for me. I like the camera-like detailed images, but is it really going to help me ??

I'm in the Angst Update syndrome right now trying to decide on a 10 inch MEGA Helix or a 12 inch regular Helix. SI is my main mode.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorxring View Post
    Eddie -- Were you using the MEGA high frequency mode on your Helix when having trouble seeing the fish ?

I've beginning to wonder if MEGA is practical for me. I like the camera-like detailed images, but is it really going to help me ??

I'm in the Angst Update syndrome right now trying to decide on a 10 inch MEGA Helix or a 12 inch regular Helix. SI is my main mode.

ive been saying that from the beginning. Mega looks pretty but I think we all in it to find the fish, which 455 is much better at.

I have came to the conclusion that I wasted my money on the Mega unit! All those pretty pictures have not helped me catch fish! If you have to go back to 455 to locate fish why spend the extra money for the Mega! If I had it to do over I would have purchased a 12" gen 1 and saved $500.00
    Eddie Proctor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast