Question wiring direct from battery

i installed a helix 5 g2 and a helix 7 g2 on a 2006 fisher aluminum boat wired the units to existing wiring under dash and at bow, both units load up real slow and sometime go black screen, then i have to unplug power supply and replug to get units to come back on, my question is if i run 12 volt direct from battery will i need to run both power and ground or just run power and pick up ground at dash and bow. do you think that running direct will solve this problem

You need to run both power and ground with a larger wire than you think you need and put a spade type fuse at the battery. I use this type wire because it has noise rejection characteristics. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you are having these issues with both units it is a good chance power is the problem.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    thanks bob i tried the seven on power supply loaded up fine

4. Banned
    When I did my Helix 7 & 10 I ran a circuit for each head positive & negative using #10 wire.i also cut each power cord 2ft long.I soldered those 4 connections and ran straight to a spade fuse terminal at battery.They are working good.Alot better than my last setup hooked to boat wiring dealing with low voltage.