Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    That is a ramble of a facebook post. I would be VERY surprised if that guy isn't abusing drugs.

Holy Crap

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    I hope them screws sticking out the hull are stainless....and not drywall screws !
    sure look like decking screws to me!YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    I hope them screws sticking out the hull are stainless....and not drywall screws !
    That was the vision I had in my head when I contemplated installing my own Hot Foot. The only boat improvement that I had a pro do. Fortunately, not that guys pro.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Sorry your boat turned out the way it did. Everything is fixable at least but you shouldn't be the one to have to fix it. I agree with your decision to post your video. This guy is over his head and probably should not be running a business.
    Sounds like the guy is going through a lot of things in his life. It sucks and I feel for him but the fact that his business is making boats look better and he is clearly not, tells me he is in the wrong business. I did a full restore on my old tin last year. It was my first real boat and my first restore. My work turned out a hell of a lot better than his. I did take the time to make templates of all the deck and floor wood. I took the time to seal all of the deck wood with many coats of spar urethane. My carpet work turned out great and all the pieces fit perfectly. This all took place over the course of 3 months. A lot of that was spent getting the old glue off of the aluminum surfaces. Now if I could have worked full time on this boat I probably could have cut it down to 3 weeks. Maybe the next time I could do it faster knowing what I know now.
    The point is, this kind of work takes a lot of hours and for one guy to have multiple boats waiting to be done is just crazy. Things get rushed, corners get cut, and the work ends up looking like crap.
    I hope he can make things right for you.

6. Member
    Brutal

Quote Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
    Sorry your boat turned out the way it did. Everything is fixable at least but you shouldn't be the one to have to fix it. I agree with your decision to post your video. This guy is over his head and probably should not be running a business.
    Sounds like the guy is going through a lot of things in his life. It sucks and I feel for him but the fact that his business is making boats look better and he is clearly not, tells me he is in the wrong business. I did a full restore on my old tin last year. It was my first real boat and my first restore. My work turned out a hell of a lot better than his. I did take the time to make templates of all the deck and floor wood. I took the time to seal all of the deck wood with many coats of spar urethane. My carpet work turned out great and all the pieces fit perfectly. This all took place over the course of 3 months. A lot of that was spent getting the old glue off of the aluminum surfaces. Now if I could have worked full time on this boat I probably could have cut it down to 3 weeks. Maybe the next time I could do it faster knowing what I know now.
    The point is, this kind of work takes a lot of hours and for one guy to have multiple boats waiting to be done is just crazy. Things get rushed, corners get cut, and the work ends up looking like crap.
    I hope he can make things right for you.
    To be clear, this wasn't my boat! Some guy in Canada's boat. I'm just regurgitating the story.

....and that is just the stuff you can SEE - imagine what is underneath

1998 nitro 912 DC summit edition , motor guide tour 109, mercury efi 225.

I would not pay him at all.. Matter of fact I would have to post bail in order to sue him
    Basshawk Restore
    89 Basshawk 181Xl
    91 Jonhson 175 Fast Strike

11. Member
    Un-effin-believable! If picking up my boat in that condition didn't drive me to violence, the Facebook post would have certainly pushed me over the edge. The dude that did the "work" should have his tools, business AND man card taken away. Total douche!

12. Member
    I want to see the other boat. Haha. This is great.

Wow, reminds me of a buddy that took his boat in for a transom repair and when he got it back it looked great. Went to launch is and it wouldn't come off the trailer. We pulled it into the parking lot and after some work managed to get the boat jacked up to find 2 screws through the hull into the trailer bunks. Still don't know why they ran screws through a fiberglass hull but it took him another several weeks to get his boat back. Just another example of use a reputable repair shop not a shade tree mechanic. I hope this guy gets his boat repaired and his money back. Sad
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123