Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    must be in canada eeh???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

that is pitiful and not trying to be a SA here, but did the same guy work on the trailer, not sure i'd want to tow it around the block
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

3. Member
    Holy Crap.
    1989 Hydra-Sports 17ft-6in. VS-150T
    Evinrude 150XP
    Hummingbird Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Dinks View Post
    I'd kill him, revive him and then kill him again!

Hehehe

5. Member
    Crackhead Boatworks
    Not so funny for the owner...

Wow

__________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

8. Retired-catch and release Mikekylake's Avatar
    Unbelievable!!!
    Mike DeArmon
    2012 Ranger Z521
    ​250 Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    Certainly bad for the owner. He is out all that money and had his boat treated like crap. I think I would have noticed those two screws sticking through the hull befor I drove it off the lot.

10. Member
    Time to call your lawyer.

11. Member
    This is the second bad resto/re-carpeting that I've seen posted here. What has surprised me in both cases...is that the boat owner's did NOT check on the progress of the work. Both ended up "surprised" by the bad work when they picked up their boats.

If it were me(and my money).....I would've checked in to inspect the work LONG before it was complete. If the business was too far away to "pop in".....then I would have the business send me a quick video/pics of what had been done so far.

7 weeks overdue....and the boat owner didn't drive out to see WTF was going on??? I would've been losing my mind after the boat was ONE week late.
    1999 Stratos 273 / '98 Johnson 150hp

Unbelievable

13. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Time for some litigation. That's pitiful work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

The screws through the aluminum hull is justifiable homicide. No jury would ever convict.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

15. Member
    Saw it on facebook and found the guys main page. The dealer was Trimmed Out Boats in Bowmanville Ontario.
    Last edited by Jwolff; 05-27-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

There are two sides to every story. But business is business. Someone related to the guy from Trimmed Out Boatworks posted a long diatribe - lots of excuses, explanations, personal history (divorce, kids, no money, etc.). I believe this guys heart may be in the right place, but he is not skilled enough to achieve the proper results his customers expect. Sad situation all around.
    Here's his rant from facebook:

"George, I understand you are upset about your experience at trimmed out boats i am willing to either re do it in the vynil charcoal as discussed, along with new wood and the screws I asked you to bring in the picture I sent and have the holes welded as well as other demonized structure due to the rotten wood. I wasn't aware of the issue as you did not advise me of it when you paid me the remaining money and left you just posted it on social media saying I am on drugs. I will pay to have it done at Wiggers custom yachts in bowmanville. I am sorry I couldn't do the work when I said i could. I really don't know how to run a business or schedule the time needed to compete jobs. I just don't know and I say yes to every boat so as to not let anyone down and see the look on their faces when the love my work All I know is I do great work as you have seen. I can only imagine what your feeling my heart goes into these boats and I am devistated this happened. I will Adress Brian coopers transom job as well, I was waiting for his boat to dry out. Simple as that the advice I was getting on the transom job is from my dad at Wiggers custom yachts. I go there often. Especially so on my first transom job. We discussed Brian's transom many times. And I did try to glass it when he wanted it and it went milky blue. You cannot glass a wet hull. And I was pushing his boat in and out of ny one bay shop every day hoping it would be dry enough to get him on the water. I have all the materials waiting for it to dry out. My brother was helping me and witnessed when the glass went milky. I am not doing this to rip anyone off. I don't lie to my clients I've seen what lying does. I just have a scheduling problem I am in a custody battle with my ex and I cannot afford a lawyer the money I make off these boats goes to my rent and for the thousands in materials I have to pay out. And what if the boats stop coming is in my head everyday. In saying that I am not lying to anyone. I truly want to get your boat done and like the others the work will be the best I can do. There is an older gentleman named Wes that has a boat at my shop for little things like grease in his wheels or for a bit of vynil and I've never asked him for a dime I just like that he's a sweet polish man that loves talking about and fixing his boat he stopped by yesterday I broke down in front of him he then offered to drive me to Pickering and pay for the materials for the boats I have to do because honestly I was running out of money. Iit might seem like the boat business is a lucrative business but the truth is I dos these boats too cheap and you all know it. And I don't care. I'm not in it for the money.. I just can't believe that someone would pay me, leave them post a video without addressing any issues he had. His boat was rushed. I admit that.. I stayed up until the thing was done and my poor bud working for me pretty much for free because he can see in my face I am distraught and they need to get done he finally had enough of the people with their boats send me a million question marks or well??? Every ten minutes and now he is afraid to work st my shop on account of the random death threats and the people on here calling me and threatening me. Say what you want about me but judge me me by the work I've completed. My ad had been active for 2 years and something like this has never happened. I am not going to change my number or close my business over this. I love doing it but please if you are going to phone me all hours of the night and believe me I'm not sleeping these days please if you can direct your threats at me and not my children. It is hard enough for me to see them these days and I do not need the added stress just be normal humans. I am trying. I'm not lying. What happened is an unfortunate accident I was never given the chance to make right. Some people don't have a heart and don't care about you not being able to support your kids. But I have a heart and I actually care. Geez most times I give you the materials or trade you fishing gear if you can't afford any added costs that I cannot forsee. But I will never PL premium a boat floor in like Brian suggested I do so he could just sell it with a rotten transom and have it be someone else's problem this man sold a boat at my shop the day I met him and I did not have the new owners phone number and when I asked him he just told me to sell it on him saying how well it worked for him last year. He also would call me about his boat all the time asking me simple questions that I would take the time to answer. One such occasion he called me 17 tomes in the week to ask me about a hp upgrade on his boat. I suggested nothing more than a 115 or 140 max only to have him call me ten times the very next day asking about a 200 hp. And when I was too busy to answer his gf texted me that $Brian is asking about a 200? And now he's calling me a killer junkie because it came to my attention his gf at Durham tire might have prescription medication and I coukd have used one due to a hockey injury. Is it because I've lost 40 pounds Brian? It's not drugs it's worse. It's stress and the fact I have two great kids that live across town. That I can't ever really set a schedule to provide structure because I am alone. Working on boats for you people that clearly don't appreciate what your boat was when I got it and what it became with my two hands and a pair of scissors I taught myself Noone showed me only the advice from the kind people at Wiggers custom yachts am I even able to provide this service at such a low cost to you and blood sweat and most likely poisoning from all the glue I'm breathing in. I just finished a two full day event at my shop trying to finish up a lund because he like the rest of you wanted his boat I can't work on them all at once. I'm alone. Literally. Here is a seat I am putting in a Ranger for a very patient small business owner that gets it that I am behind and need to communicate better but look at it. Would you not want this in your boat? Is that not worth the wait? It's either I keep going or I give up trying to help people put. Thanks again to Tom Whitehead for doing such an amazing job on this seat. Dan it is truly going to look amazing with your charcoal carpet and tray install. I can't wait to see it myself like I said George Brian and anyone else that put deposits down I will either refund and you go your own way or you get your boat looking the many I have completed. Choice is yours.."

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champ93 View Post
    I would probably be in jail right about now and therefore unable to make a video if some jerk did that to my boat. I'm still trying to decide if this is a joke or not.
    DITTO

18. Member
    I hope this is a joke!

19. Member
    It's no joke!! There is actually a better (or worse) video that another customer posted on Facebook. If you think that boat was jacked up you guys should see the other video! Apparently this guy is a piece of work. I don't know how to post the video, but if your on Facebook go to the guys page. His name is Chris Lam from Ontario.

20. Banned
    I hope them screws sticking out the hull are stainless....and not drywall screws !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast