Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

210 real world speed...

So what are the 210s getting as far as speed...2 guys, fuel, etc. Summerish type air, (not mineshaft winter conditions).

2. Member
    Those tests were not at mineshaft winter conditions to my understanding. With a stock 25 Fury and a load around 74 to 75 with. Mercury 250 Pro XS from what I have read.

74-75 with a load would surprise me.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I would say if you know how to drive the boat like raising the plate, trimming and a good Croxton 27 tempest that rig should run mid to upper 70 and very high 70s unloaded.Usally boat test are just gun it and what it is is what it is.Theres always a couple more in there some where.

5. Member
    Like i originally said....real world. Not a boat mag test....real world

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I guess real world is 70 -75 ,other than a Allison,stroker, bullet ,gambler your not going to see 80s-90s loaded .All the rest run in that 70 mph range.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 05-31-2017 at 05:22 PM.

7. Banned
    Just out running I can hit 70-71 no problem tourney loaded... By myself a 1/4 tank of fuel, no water in the wells I can get 74+... That's my world... Dan

I got to 72.5 gps today with me and my partner with 5/8 tank of gas in my 596 today. Could have got a little more out of it but I got to my fishing spot.

Just for comparison speeds.

if I'm not mistaken isn't the 210 a 100lbs heavier than my 596?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I got to 72.5 gps today with me and my partner with 5/8 tank of gas in my 596 today. Could have got a little more out of it but I got to my fishing spot.

Just for comparison speeds.

if I'm not mistaken isn't the 210 a 100lbs heavier than my 596?
    It might be 100 pounds heavier but from the front pedestal forward it is wider on the 210.. Aerodynamics might be in play. Also, I think the Charger version of the 210 is a bit faster than the Stratos version from what I have read on the boards.
    Last edited by Sports1; 05-31-2017 at 07:19 PM.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    But the 596 is 15 inches longer on front deck and 10 inches longer on back deck .596 is a very good running hull for being 22 ft long and 96 inch beam.Theres a lot of lift built into that hull.It almost looks like a wing under that last half .
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 05-31-2017 at 08:27 PM.

11. Member
    Like I said the 596 is also narrower from the front pedestal steat forward. And the front deck of the 210 looks like it is wider as well.. Not to mention the Charger bite bow hooking issue (mentioned in other threads) due to that dip in the front V but it is a good straight ahead running boat from my understanding. But back to the subject, I don't think anyone will know the speed of the Chatger 210 loaded until some who bought one gives feedback.bbeberything else is speculation.
    Last edited by Sports1; 05-31-2017 at 09:19 PM.

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Omg not the bow hook but wait Basscat ,Allison stroked ranger all have more bow hooks than Charger.Dont spread rumors from other dealers that have not got a clue about boats much less bassboats.ALL boats will bow hook FYI!596 will carve turns harder than any boat I have been in and that includes a 203 and 187.With the 22 ft getting a 596 to come around would be a feat in it self just don't see it happening and I have had mine for 13 years so I think I pretty much know .

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Omg not the bow hook but wait Basscat ,Allison stroked ranger all have more bow hooks than Charger.Dont spread rumors from other dealers that have not got a clue about boats much less bassboats.ALL boats will bow hook FYI!596 will carve turns harder than any boat I have been in and that includes a 203 and 187.With the 22 ft getting a 596 to come around would be a feat in it self just don't see it happening and I have had mine for 13 years so I think I pretty much know .
    Not talking about hard turns. I am talking about those longer sweeping turns where that front V digs in and bow hooks. I was at a Skeeter dealership recently and a guy was in there trying to trade in his 495. The comment he made to the salesperson was that it was a good boat running in a straight line but if he had to turn it has a tendency for the front v to dig in bow hook and throw the passenger into the driver. That was a direct quote from the owner of the boat.
    Last edited by Sports1; 06-01-2017 at 05:00 PM.

14. Banned
    Hell, I bow hooked my Skeeter once when I turned the wheel hard at speed and then slowed down a little. Bow dropped, grabbed and wheeeeeeeeeee there we went! My wife was pissed at me. I think you can just about make them all bow hook if you try really hard. (Although I must say that I have not yet accomplished this in my Champion; but I watched the champ video and it can hook with some ferocity)

15. Member
    I know the old Skeeter 202's would bow hook. I think the new ones are better. But the guy said he drove his friends 2011 Skeeter and put it through the same turns, nothing dumb or stupid and it did not bow hook. Said the Skeeter turned smoothly.
    Last edited by Sports1; 06-01-2017 at 06:17 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Not talking about hard turns. I am talking about those longer sweeping turns where that front V digs in and bow hooks. I was at a Skeeter dealership recently and a guy was in there trying to trade in his 495. The comment he made to the salesperson was that it was a good boat running in a straight line but if he had to turn it has a tendency for the from v to dig in bow hook and throw the passenger into the driver. That was a direct quote from the owner of the boat.
    Never had a hooking issue in the chargers I've been in. I'm sure if you drove dumb you could make it do nasty tricks that would leave your passenger mad. But it has nothing to do with chargers design. I thought the talk was on the speed of the 210. How'd we arrive at the bow hooking segment?

17. Member
    If ur saying a 596 will out handle a 201/202 Champ....ill take that bet.

18. Member
    I guess real world is 70 -75 ,other than a Allison,stroker, bullet ,gambler your not going to see 80s-90s loaded .All the rest run in that 70 mph range.
    Where did this come from?? Btw....quite a few Cats will run in the upper 70s/low 80s, loaded, wet wells, ready to fish......u should know that. The Bird 920, i think thats the right model, is right there also.

I saw hype when the 210 was released that they were an upper 70 rig....i questioned it....and was dismissed. So, now looking for actual speeds. Dont see how a charger 210 can be 5 to 7 mph faster than a CN 210...
    Last edited by FastBird; 06-01-2017 at 01:06 AM.

19. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I was thinking that when John Tiger tested the ChampioN 210 for Bass & Walleye Boats, his top speed was around 75 with a 250 Pro XS.

20. Member
    I bow hook my 296 on purpose just to scare my buddy, but never has it done it on accident. You can bow hook any boat If you don keep that nose up during a turn or crossing a big wake awkwardly.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast