Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Exactly. Any boat it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    But the 596 is 15 inches longer on front deck and 10 inches longer on back deck .596 is a very good running hull for being 22 ft long and 96 inch beam.Theres a lot of lift built into that hull.It almost looks like a wing under that last half .
    When the lift kicks in at about 60-62 you can sure feel it. When it does I always think,,ok, here we go It lifts like no other boat I've been in. Have I told y'all how much I love my 596 lately

3. Member
    The birds and cats will run 80 with full wells? Holy smokes... That's throwing 375lbs of water in there. Plus a tourney load. I'd have to see it to believe it. A buddy has a cat on the way so I guess we'll see how it runs out. I know my neighbor said his phoenix 721 would run out high 70s, but he went and sank it before I could get a ride. It was the older 721. Like a 2011 ish I believe.
    Last edited by procraftokie; 06-01-2017 at 01:44 PM.

4. Member
    What bird do you have fastbird?

Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    The birds and cats will run 80 with full wells? Holy smokes...
    Never been in a Bird, been in several Cats. If it could go 80 you couldn't stand it, it would beat you to death, very rough boats, not even close to a Charger or Champ IMO.

6. Banned
    If you ever bow hooked a Charger you either need to learn how to drive or did it on purpose. I have spent years behind the wheel of Chargers and never had one bow hook.

The Charger 210 Elite hull is the same Champion hull so it will run about the same upper 60's to low 70's loaded and upper 70's light.

7. Member
    Omg not the bow hook but wait Basscat ,Allison stroked ranger all have more bow hooks than Charger.Dont spread rumors from other dealers that have not got a clue about boats much less bassboats.ALL boats will bow hook FYI!596 will carve turns harder than any boat I have been in and that includes a 203 and 187.With the 22 ft getting a 596 to come around would be a feat in it self just don't see it happening and I have had mine for 13 years so I think I pretty much know .
    Haha how would you know if all of these other brands have had more " bow hooks" than Charger? Some sort of data you got your hands on that nobody else has ever seen? I don't give a shit one way or another but that statement is funny as hell.

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Not funny when you read and see boats do it,all you have do is a search and you will see how many boats do it.Rangers seem to be one of the highest and than it's a mix of cats Allison and on down the line.Running the motors to high will get you swapped around real quick.Saw a ranger totally swap ends on loz biggest wall of water I ever saw,but like I have said any boat can do it.And usually it's the fault of the driver.The video of the bullet totally chucking the driver at around 90 is no laughing matter .

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Where did this come from?? Btw....quite a few Cats will run in the upper 70s/low 80s, loaded, wet wells, ready to fish......u should know that. The Bird 920, i think thats the right model, is right there also.

I saw hype when the 210 was released that they were an upper 70 rig....i questioned it....and was dismissed. So, now looking for actual speeds. Dont see how a charger 210 can be 5 to 7 mph faster than a CN 210...
    New build technology will make them faster ,I have been in 4-5 cats none came close to 80s loaded more like 71-75.Even with 250s.Yes Iam sure they let some go that are light and get closer to 80 but most are that 75 mark loaded.

I've been in several Cats that run low 80's tourney loaded with a 250. No light weight hulls, just plain old Pumas and Cougars. They're faster and faster to top speed than the 210 (and the BCB Hybrid) by a long shot. I'm sure a ride could be set up for the non believers. The 210 won't disappoint and if Charger has kept em true to the Champ form (which everything I've seen and heard they are) they'll be a low to mid 70's rig loaded ready to fish and eat up the nasty stuff like they always have and keep chugging along.

New build technology will make them faster ,I have been in 4-5 cats none came close to 80s loaded more like 71-75.Even with 250s.Yes Iam sure they let some go that are light and get closer to 80 but most are that 75 mark loaded.
    Haha, I do that with my PII, with a 200 ... Most Puma/Cougar/Eyra with 250's will run 75-80 loaded provided the driver knows how to drive.

I really like Chargers and have even considered owning one in the future so this isnt anything against them, just letting you know you are underestimating the BCB's or have seen a bunch with people who either dont know how to drive and/or set up their boat...
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Haha, I do that with my PII, with a 200 ... Most Puma/Cougar/Eyra with 250's will run 75-80 loaded provided the driver knows how to drive.

I really like Chargers and have even considered owning one in the future so this isnt anything against them, just letting you know you are underestimating the BCB's or have seen a bunch with people who either dont know how to drive and/or set up their boat...
    Pll w/200 tournament load run 71? Two grown men over 200 lbs, their gear say 100 lbs, and water in both livewells????

I want to see a video of that. Road in one multiple times last weekend nice boat but no way they run 70 loaded.

13. Banned
    Anyway the 210 is going to be a low to mid 70's boat set up correctly. If you need to run 80mph your not looking at a Charger anyway so no need to talk crap about a manufacturer. Chargers run as fast or faster then a majority of boats on the market and they do it with a better ride. Chargers will carry you closer to that higher speed in rough water.

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Anyway the 210 is going to be a low to mid 70's boat set up correctly. If you need to run 80mph your not looking at a Charger anyway so no need to talk crap about a manufacturer. Chargers run as fast or faster then a majority of boats on the market and they do it with a better ride. Chargers will carry you closer to that higher speed in rough water.
    I agree ... I'm not really part of the go faster crowd anyway. I'd say 90% or better of my running is below 65.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Pll w/200 tournament load run 71? Two grown men over 200 lbs, their gear say 100 lbs, and water in both livewells????

I want to see a video of that. Road in one multiple times last weekend nice boat but no way they run 70 loaded.
    Yes, 70 all day. I will try to get vid for you but I suck at the whole go pro thing, more so the editing and uploading but all around also haha.

Did the ones you rode in happen to have Mercs? For some reason the SHOs seem to be a bit faster on the PII's. Also a good prop guy and correct setup/driving means a lot in getting the most out of them.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

16. Banned
    Yes 200 mercury I didn’t ask to much about the setup it ran good with a great hole shot but no where near 70 with both, gear, and water in the livewells. He did mention he was turning a 25p prop because he wants to buy my 24p to use when he pulls his kids around on tubes.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Yes, 70 all day. I will try to get vid for you but I suck at the whole go pro thing, more so the editing and uploading but all around also haha.

Did the ones you rode in happen to have Mercs? For some reason the SHOs seem to be a bit faster on the PII's. Also a good prop guy and correct setup/driving means a lot in getting the most out of them.
    2 p 2 s I have been in both ran 67-71 loaded on a lake.One was a opti the other old school rude.Tried hundreds of props just never could get them to run any faster.Puma were mid 70 boats loaded down with mercs and hpdi 250s,cougar with 225 pro is a 71-72 mph boat with tackle.There could be a few more mph if you play with the plate and props but that goes for any stock rig.797 with sho was a beast it would take a 29 tempest and laugh at it ,had the same hole shot as a 26-27 and that's a big super wide 21 fter.

18. Member
    Yep I can't see one loaded over 80, 75 or a little more yep... 80 I just don't see it unless we're talking worked prop and perfect setup. And that would be still hard for me to believe. Granted the cat is not 21 foot but it's still take a lot to break 80 unless you're in those light hull boats.

19. Member
    I agree that videos are better than someone saying a certain both ran this or that with this engine and that prop etc with no video showing the gps. Here is a video of a stock Cat running over 80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNsqBUdXFsA
    Last edited by Sports1; 06-02-2017 at 04:21 PM.

20. Member

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast