Thread: 18trx

18trx

Ok sold my boat and fixing to buy new . Looked at a few models , know for certain I'm wanting something in the 19 ft 200hp range. Seen a 18trx on the net with a 200 opti and tandem axle trailer and that boat looks like a very big boat for what it is . Anyone have this setup ? Does it feel, fish as big as it looks . Does it look that big in person?

2. Banned
    Very big 18. I traded a '10 tr18 se for mine and it is substantially bigger. If you ever want to ride in one I'd be glad to meet you at eufaula sometime

3. Member
    I like mine pretty well. I'm way too big at 280lbs but the boat is stable and fishes very well. I would say though....buy the biggest boat you can afford...even if it won't fit in your garage. There is just no making up for sheer size on the water in all conditions.

4. Member
    I fished out of a 19 ft ranger for 10 yrs and bought a tr-21x and fished the last 2 out of it . Call me crazy but, I miss a 19 ft boat , got a great offer on my 21 and sold it so I'm for sure going with a 19 ish with 200

5. Member
    I love my 18 TRX. The front deck is very wide and there is plenty of storage. The center box is huge compared to other boats this size. My last boat was a skeeter tzx190. I had the center storage box and starboard rod locker full of tackle. I was able to put all of it in the center box of my triton. I actually don't have anything in the starboard rod locker now . The only thing I didn't like was the rod tubes. They came out the day I brought it home. As for speed I can get 70 with 2 guys and tourney load and right at 72 alone. It was a little work getting the set up right. I ordered it with a tempest plus instead of the fury that it had on it. I think the tempest does a lot better on this hull as far as getting the motor to the right height
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

There must be more owners of 18TRX in 2016 or 2017 out there?

7. Banned
    I honestly don't think there are. Just look on boattrader or iboats..there's only like 7-8 advertised right now across the country. They are solid boats though, I love mine

I went from a skeeter zx200 with a SHO to the Triton TRX 18 with the pro xs 200. I Really like the boat but you do have to get the set up right. It likes the motor high. 13TZX190 got me going in the right direction and helped me set mine up. The ride is very good and handles great or should say fun to drive. I'm 6'2 and 260 and my son is 6'3 and 280 and we have plenty of room and with 3/4 fuel and tournament loaded we hit 65-66 on hot days and 67-68 in cool weather. I would make sure I got the duel axle trailer it makes a big difference in the look and the pull. Ride is much better also.

9. Banned
    You running a 24 fury or 25T+? I'm more than happy with the fury but am interested in what the tempest would do

25 Tempest plus. Like TZX190 recommends in his post you will have to go high with the motor. The tempest is made for higher applications. My PTP is 2 1/8 and the Fury just wont run that high on my boat. I by no means figured this out on my on ! All my info came from TZX190. Prior to talking with him I was a little discouraged working with the fury.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley trx18 View Post
    25 Tempest plus. Like TZX190 recommends in his post you will have to go high with the motor. The tempest is made for higher applications. My PTP is 2 1/8 and the Fury just wont run that high on my boat. I by no means figured this out on my on ! All my info came from TZX190. Prior to talking with him I was a little discouraged working with the fury.
    So by going to the tempest, what changed for you?

12. Member
    I love my 2014 18XS. Back in '14, the 18XS had a 150 hp max rating. I do wish it was rated to 200. But I still get into the low to mid 50 mph range with my 150. The boat fishes so large and is very stable. Best fishing platform that I have ever owned. The cost to move up to the 19' boat just didn't make sense to me. The TR18 is a great value.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Chine walk was the main issue with me. Fury had a great hole shot but when I hit 60 mph it was a battle to keep her under control. I was running 3 1/4 PTP with the fury. With my boat chine walk reduced as the motor was raised. With the Fury you prob wont be able to go above 3' PTP. The Tempest Plus is made to run high. You can look it up on youtube and a Mercury Tech explains the advantages of the Tempest Plus.

14. Member
    I've got a demo 2017 Triton 18 TRX and love it... Mine will be for sale in a month or 2 so I can order another just like it. I've got a 24 Fury and had it as fast as 70.8 but it will go about 66-68 MPH fully loaded. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
    Eric Blankendaal
    Clark Marine Sales
    Ranger and Triton dealer
    Franklin, TN 37064
    615-599-8748

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eblankendaal View Post
    I've got a demo 2017 Triton 18 TRX and love it... Mine will be for sale in a month or 2 so I can order another just like it. I've got a 24 Fury and had it as fast as 70.8 but it will go about 66-68 MPH fully loaded. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
    How high is your P2P running the 24 Fury? I currently have a 2017 19 TRX with a 200 Opt and thought about trying out a 24 Fury or 25 Tempest...

Anyone out there got an 18 TRX on order or recently received one? The build time is about 16 -18 weeks for standard colours. I feel for any dealer trying to make a sale and having to tell their customer that build+shipping+prep is approx 5 months.

The 18trx has as much room and a better ride then my 04 tr19. I absolutely love this boat. I've had 2 tritons, a ranger , and a skeeter and this 18trx is my favorite of them all. Plenty of room on the deck for 2. My wife and I and my 2 kids can fish in comfort. It's a very big boat might as well just call it a 19 footer.