Question Global vs. Local

I am trying to set up my two hds gen 3 units. At the console, I get confused between the "global/local" settings. I have the point one connected but I thought that would be global since it is not resident on the unit itself. This doesn't seem to work though. What is the difference between Global and Local? I think I have them backwards.

2. Banned
    Local means only that unit will work with whichever option you are selecting. Global makes them all share the info.

3. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Casey...

Global means all units on the boat use whatever you choose as the data source

Local means ONLY THAT unit uses whatever you choose as a data source.

Proper configuration for a boat with 2 units and a Point 1 antenna is to set BOTH units to LOCAL for GPS. On the console unit, after setting it to LOCAL, you would choose the Point 1 (do not use the AUTO Point 1 choice!) as the GPS data source. On the bow unit, after you set it to LOCAL, select THIS UNIT (or however it is listed on the screen) as the GPS data source.

Set this way, the bow unit uses the internal GPS and the console unit uses the Point 1 (which of course should be at the back of the boat as close to the transducer as you can get).

The Point 1 also has a heading rate compass built it. By default the scope is set to GLOBAL which means all units on the boat share the compass....which is exactly what you want it to do...so you don't need to change the scope or setting for that.

Hope this helps!

Roy

Wacky Riggers
    Lowrance Pro Staff
    next SONAR Boot Camp - 6/10/17
    wackyriggers.com

Perfect! I appreciate this guys.

thanks rbarrow for that answer...that needs to be pinned somewhwere....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

6. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar

7. Member
    Can you describe the settings if I have Elite 9Ti's at the console and bow, networked via NMEA 2000 to a Motorguide Xi5?