4 Stroke on 20xd

I'm wanting to upgrade my 24 year old Johnson Fast Strike 175 hp with a four stroke. Anyone running a Mercury 150 hp 4 stroke with a 20 foot Bullet? If so, how does it perform?

I bet it would be just fine and be a very nice upgrade. Id go with a verado myself with an F150 yamaha or suki next in line

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    I have a few friends with those motors that have piles of hours, no issues. love them.

4. Member
    What year is your Bullet? From Bullet when I spoke with Tom about re-powering my 94 "prior to late 1996 the transom was not designed to support the weight of a 3.0l or larger motor". In late 96 they begun using the design they use today. Tom advised me to stay under 400 pounds on a re-power due to the stringer design of my transom. So call Bullet and talk to Tom about your particular year and find out if there is any weight restriction.
    2011 21xrd
    2011 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn8165 View Post
    What year is your Bullet? From Bullet when I spoke with Tom about re-powering my 94 "prior to late 1996 the transom was not designed to support the weight of a 3.0l or larger motor". In late 96 they begun using the design they use today. Tom advised me to stay under 400 pounds on a re-power due to the stringer design of my transom. So call Bullet and talk to Tom about your particular year and find out if there is any weight restriction.
    Thanks. My Bullet is also a 94 model. Will give Tom a call.

6. Member
    I have a 250 sho on the back of a 93 20xd and no problems yet but I keep a close eye on it and try my best to avoid super ruff water.

7. Member
    Make sure to update the jackplate to a newer style for heavier motors.

Had a friend with a 3l on an older bullet with a 2.5 style jackplate the jackplate broke in a tourny in rough water

8. Member
    What setup are you running with that 250sho and what numbers are you getting? I run a 20' Rocket which is very similar to a bullet same pad design. I'm running a 200 sho and I'm wanting to flash to a 250 any info would be helpful!! Thanks

9. Member
    It's an upgrade only in the sense of you putting a new motor on it. The Fast Strike motors were some of the best EVER built by ANYONE!!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738