Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trout Glider looks to be a fraud.

Trying to warn who I can. I ordered the two pack of trout gliders on April 21. On April 22 I received an email stating they had shipped. On May 1 I emailed asking for a tracking number and got this reply
    "Hello Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of the TroutGlider™. Our lures have been extremely popular since its initial release. Due to the huge surge in demand for the TroutGlider™ your order ship date ETA is May 20th or sooner. Our system requires us to mark our orders as complete orders within 3 days regardless of back-order status so please disregard the prior "shipped" email notification.

Please feel free to contact us at info@troutglider.com if you should have any questions. We hope you enjoyed your past weekend and please know we are working hard to get the lures out to you as soon as we can.

Cheers,
    The TroutGlider™ Team"

On May 5 I replied
    "Will I receive an email when my lures have actually shipped? It would have been a little more honest and upfront to actually list them as being back ordered on your website. "

I received an automatic reply
    "Thank you for contacting us. The TroutGlider Team is on Spring Break from May 5th Thru May 15th. We will return back to our offices May 16th 9am PST. We will get back to you messages shortly. Have a wonderful week!

The TroutGlider Team

**If you are inquiring about your order or tracking your package, please check your email for your current order ETA. Most orders have been delayed due to extreme demand for the TroutGlider, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. For tracking notification updates, allow 1-3 business days for USPS to update tracking information and details.**"

They looked good online, and I fish a lake stocked with trout occasionally so I figured for the $20 for 2 it would be worth a shot. Unless they reply to the email I just sent or on here I think we can pretty much call this a fraud and I will be reporting it to my CC company and Bank.

2. Goby King
    I have a friend that ordered them. Took a loooong time to get them, but they did arrive.

Well, they're having a Memorial Day sale.....

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Well, they're having a Memorial Day sale.....
    But is tackle warehouse having one too? When does it start? How much?

5. Member
    From their web site. Scam alert. "TroutGlider™ is a recognized brand in the fishing industry for our premium realistic fishing lures. We are a group of passionate fishermen and enthusiast from California who have been fishing for decades."

6. Member
    I ordered some back in March. They came fairly quickly and are decent enough for the price. I think they weren't expecting the volume that they got and it got them really backed up.

7. Member
    I thought the same thing. I ordered on April 10th and kept waiting until I finally contacted them about 2 weeks ago and got a reply the next day that my order was soon to ship. They sent me an email on May 15th saying my order had shipped but no tracking info. I sent them another email Tuesday of this week asking where my order was and also one on Facebook. They responded to my FB message yesterday with tracking info. My order is supposed to be here Saturday according to the tracking. Bad business practice to keep having sales if you don't have the products to meet the demands! Regardless of how good the lures are I will not buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    From their web site. Scam alert. "TroutGlider™ is a recognized brand in the fishing industry for our premium realistic fishing lures. We are a group of passionate fishermen and enthusiast from California who have been fishing for decades."
    Did their website say scam alert? Your browser?

I tried messaging them on Facebook but got an auto reply. "If you are inquiring about your order, we are on a back order due to the extreme demand and we're working as hard as we can to ship all the orders. I would suggest emailing info@troutglider.com for order inquiries. Thank you and have a nice day!"

How can you offer a sale if you don't even have the stock to ship orders from more than a month ago.

10. Member
    I just bought 2 on sale this morning.

21 XD 225 Merc

11. Member
    Welcome to the swimbait game. Hurry up and wait is very common.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    I just bought 2 on sale this morning.
    When I looked at their site yesterday it said "last day" and "sale ends at 11pm PST". It says the same thing today...

Heck I'll sale you 2 of the 4 I have
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    When I looked at their site yesterday it said "last day" and "sale ends at 11pm PST". It says the same thing today...
    There still on sale. I just checked

21 XD 225 Merc

15. Member
    That sucks! Treating customers the way they are insures they won't have a lot of repeat business.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    There still on sale. I just checked
    Did you read what I wrote?

They probably need the money from the advanced sales to buy materials to cover the orders. Easy way to put yourself out of business really quick.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

that's why I don't buy nuttin on line web sites , box stores only, I did one exception was buying from BBG Marine on BBC it was good!

2 for $20?..... it reminds me of an old saying.... The definition of a bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

If anyone wants to buy some of the Pm me. I have several extras. I bought a couple and received a couple as gifts
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast