Help choosing a hull

Hey guys I have a 2015 150hp Bigfoot merc 4 stroke looking to buy a new xpress hull looking at the x19 or the x18 anyone run this motor? what are your numbers? Any input on which one I should choose would help.. I've never been in one or had a ride in one I have plenty of experience with glass boats but not aluminum bass boats. Thanks guys anyone also have an idea what a new hull would run $ wise? Just looking for a guesstimate

2. Member
    Very few people run Merc's. Nothing against the Merc's, many of us wished our boats had them ....... but Yamaha and Xpress have had a deal going since about the late-90's and that's pretty much all Xpress will factory rig. Typically if you see a Merc on anything newer than the late-90's, it was either a dealer re-rig or the owner repowered.

With all that said, there is a YouTube video of a silver X19 running a new Merc 150 4 stroke ...... I'd highly suggest you google it. It seems to power that boat at ease.

As far as speeds, I would expect the X18 to faster top end speeds with a 150 than the X19, but that is pure speculation. IDK anything about the new Command Thurst/BigFoot lower units. I know in other HP's they basically bump up in physical size to the new HP class gearcase ..... but with the 150, IDK what they could put on it that's any bigger. Just keep in mind that bigger typically means more drag, and drag means less speed.

As far as the X18 vs X19 .......... I've never been in a X18. I know I love my X19. I've had hyperlift 16's, and been in 17's ..... but never an 18' (hyperlift). I can tell you this, the hyperlift hull is in a totally different league than any mod-v hull aluminum boat. The deeper vee in the nose allows it to cut waves like a fiberglass boat, and the pad hull allows it to run WOT's comparable to any matching size-and-HP fiberglass bass boat.

I hope this helps some ......... Good Luck!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci