triton 190 fs gas siphoning help

I've a got 3/4 tank full of last year's gas (its stabilized) but don't want to burn it while taking it out 1st time this year. I also heard people siphon it out and things like that I and just got a siphon kit but i am having trouble getting the hose to the tank where the gas sits in. the hose seems to stuck after about 3ft inside the boat tank tube..help please

2. Member
    Thats where it makes a ninety degree turn into the tank. Try twisting it left and right until it goes by the bend. You can take the plate off behind the seat and get to the tank that way and then remove the sender unit. Knowing that it's was stabilized I'd drain it through the fuel line and get all that I could then add new 89 octane fuel on top of the few gallons left but it's up to you. Someone will be here in a minute telling you not to do that but I do it every year.

Best way I have luck on my boat is to disconnect the fuel line from the motor, and pump the ball. I gets almost all the fuel out.

4. Member
    I thought about that but just dont want a big mess or get all stinky up

5. Member
    hook a piece of rubber gas line to the bulb before you start and that's what will be going into the container or your truck.

6. Member
    ^^^^^^this^^^^^^

7. Member
    Thats what i did as well. Just pump the ball to get it started. Works good. I filled up 2 trucks with the 50 gallons i had. Lol. Took half the day but it finally got empty.

8. Member
    Ok thanks guys

9. Member
    Do not put old gas in your truck. Sell it to a car wash to remove tar off cars.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 55excl View Post
    Do not put old gas in your truck. Sell it to a car wash to remove tar off cars.
    Are they going to buy the gas at the same price he paid for it? The gas will be perfectly fine in his truck, so why take the loss.

11. Member
    I put mine through my truck and wife's car no problem, each vehicle had a half tank of gas in it so it was mixed.