Lake Gaston @ night?

How the fishing on Gaston? I haven't been on Gaston in 3 years. Looking to come down the 1st week of June and fish at night. Any help will be appreciated!

2. Member
    Hard to beat a black and blue jig at night around rip rap or rocks. A buzzbait is also fun and boy do they crush it at night. Some guys in our club like a big 10" worm and do quite well. Enjoy your trip and have fun!

3. Member
    Thanks! We usually have a ball fishing Gaston. Anyone know how the water looks? Clear/ Muddy??
    Last edited by rngZ520; 05-30-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Clear.......as in normal.

not sure what end of the lake Greg took his water clarity chart readings from, (LOL, giving greg hard time) but its actually fairly stained from all the rain...
    i was on it SAT and MONDAY...from mid to lower lake and maybe 18" visibility with a Yellow tint from the Run off/ generation amounts...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Adam, it was beat up from all the holiday boat traffic for sure over the weekend, but had settled down nicely by yesterday morning when I walked down to the dock. I could see the bottom in two foot of water easily. We saw you fish by our dock Saturday morning. How did y'all do?

7. Member
    its still pretty stained coming thru gaston and rr dam

8. Member
    I want to fish this summer more at night than the day and deal with all the boat traffic. Anyone have any pictures of their lights they use for nighttime fishing and if so how well does it light up the shore and amp draw on batteries?
    Thanks, Garland