150 4S warranty & extended warranty

Did anyone go with the extended warranty, how much & is it worth it? What is the normal warranty

2. Member
    Factory warranty is 3yrs. Personal choice as to whether you want purchase extra. Contact European Marine for options and special BBC pricing.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I upgraded to the 8 year Platinum warranty with my 2016 150 4S. At that time during the boat shows the standard offer was 3 years + 2 years lesser coverage. The Platinum warranty is like a bumper - bumper deal. Max of $25 per repair. I think the list price was around $1,600 I paid $1,000.

Hope this helps, Scott

4. Member
    Money well spent. One not so major problem could easily cost more than an extended warranty and then some..

Rick

5. Member
    I upgraded my 2016 150 4S to the 7 year Platinum. I don't remember what I paid exactly but it was between $1000-$1500 I think. There was some kind of special going on at the time that might have helped me on the pricing.

I had the 3 years factory warranty plus 2 years gold extended protection plan from the dealer. With discount for upgrading within the first year, I extended to 8 years total by upgrading my 2 years gold coverage to platinum coverage and added 3 more years platinum for $1100.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Exact pricing will vary from one engine to another, based on the engine model, AND how long the engine has been in service.

Drop me an email if interested- I'll be happy to provide you with special BBC member pricing for additional PLATINUM Product Protection.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor